Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > 16 angles

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sphagne

Is there a Player skin for ZDoom that shows him from 16 different angles compared to normal 8 angles? I need it for my "Doom Side Scroller" level. :)

Old Post 11-08-02 05:07 #
Sphagne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archaeo

What the hell do you need so many angles for and who is going to make all those extra sprites?

Old Post 11-08-02 06:47 #
Archaeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Sphagne said:
Is there a Player skin for ZDoom that shows him from 16 different angles compared to normal 8 angles? I need it for my "Doom Side Scroller" level. :)
Sphagne, you might want to ask LilWhiteMouse, who has done some sprites in 16 frames.

Archaeo said:
...who is going to make all those extra sprites?
I think Sphagne was asking if someone has already done the sprite work, not if someone can do it for him.

Old Post 11-08-02 15:23 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archaeo

ReX said:
I think Sphagne was asking if someone has already done the sprite work, not if someone can do it for him.

Oh, I see!

Old Post 11-08-02 18:40 #
Archaeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

o_O

Old Post 11-08-02 19:15 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

ReX said:
Sphagne, you might want to ask LilWhiteMouse, who has done some sprites in 16 frames.
Yeah, LilWhiteMouse has made quite a few awesome sprites, imo. :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 11-08-02 19:24 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VileSlay

is this gonna be like a contra-like thing? I had seen a doom side scroller b4. it really sucked though.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 11-08-02 21:34 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sphagne

I am making a level that can be played First person or looking from outside camera all the time, as a third person game, you see doom guy from a distant away and the cameras change as you move around the level, a bit tricky to start but you will get the hang of it after a while! ;-)

Old Post 11-09-02 00:44 #
Sphagne is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archaeo

Hey, why do you need more angles for that? I know 8 angles looks crappy by today’s standards but that’s 32 extra sprites to contend with.

Old Post 11-09-02 07:25 #
Sphagne

Because the more angles the better you can say what is your direction and the better you target and shoot monsters! ;-)

Old Post 11-09-02 14:15 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

It seems like too much work, considering all the monsters in DOOM II. By the way, Adrian Carmack seems to be rather busy to finish the additional frames now.

Old Post 11-09-02 14:21 #
myk is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sphagne

I meant only Player sprites not all the monsters.

Old Post 11-09-02 14:24 #
Archaeo

I hope it works out for ya.

Old Post 11-10-02 08:21 #
SpammerMike
I should do as I said in this PM I sent to Julian or else I'll surely get banned.

Now what would you get with 24 angles? Hm...

Old Post 12-05-02 06:08 #
SpammerMike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quast
insert title here

You might be able to do without the excess sprites dude. You could perhaps have the camera pan up and down and sideways so the crosshairs tell you where you're aiming at. Like jedi knight 2 in 3rd person mode (or are you having it so your view isn't always directly behind the guy?)....or maybe im talking out of my ass

Old Post 12-18-02 17:43 #
Quast is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

VileSlay said:
is this gonna be like a contra-like thing? I had seen a doom side scroller b4. it really sucked though.

If only a true artist like me produces one. I have. It was cool and simple, in millions of colours, and didnt look cheap. I may start the project again. Obviously, who would expect it to look superiour to doom lol.

Eidos software is licensing the doom3 engine to produce PacMan world!

Old Post 12-20-02 22:43 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

The Heretic said:
PacMan world

:o

Old Post 12-20-02 23:12 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Use a 3d model.

Old Post 12-23-02 01:59 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

What? Oh, good idea. Sprites are much work and in this case models would work better. You could use models for the monsters too. But I'm not quite clear on what kind of level you're making...

Old Post 12-23-02 02:11 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote