Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > swinging doors

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:00. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

I've been using the doomworld editing pages to practice some fancy shmancy tricks for the normal doom engine, to be used in my upcoming heretic levels. Right now I'm trying swinging doors and I understand most of it... but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

Old Post 07-23-01 19:30 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fanatic
Old Post 07-24-01 00:18
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
Liam

Heretic. But i thought they were both basically the same. You can do Doom engine tricks like crossbeam bridges and swinging doors in heretic, right?

Old Post 07-24-01 00:20 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Not exactly; I don't think there's any source ports with Boom-esque features for Heretic except for Legacy which I think added Heretic support recently, and maybe ZDoom which I know supports Hexen. I could be wrong on those but they're worth looking in to.

Old Post 07-24-01 00:36 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

I'm not talking about boom tricks lut. I mean the tricks explained in the "normal doom2 tricks" section of the doomworld editing pages. Like the bridges you see in Requiem map 13.

Old Post 07-24-01 00:45 #
Lüt
Administrator

Oh... I read "swinging doors" and thought you meant Hexen-style polyobjects, like the doors entering the main building in Hexen's Map01.

Old Post 07-24-01 01:42 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

Anybody know the answer? Fanatic?

Old Post 07-24-01 12:18 #
Liam

ANYBODY?????!?!?!!!?

Old Post 07-24-01 14:29 #
Liam

AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY JUST HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 07-25-01 00:03 #
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Is it "raise floor to adjacent ceiling" or "raise ceiling to adjacent ceiling"?

Old Post 07-25-01 06:03 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

That's the Doom/Doom2 trigger used to instantly LOWER a raised platform to the ground as described in that tutorial; number and description. I have no experience in editing for Heretic, so I wouldn't know what the trigger equivalent is there (if there actually IS an equivalent). My guess is that any WR 'raise floor to adjacent ceiling' would do.

Old Post 07-25-01 08:17 #
Mordeth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

That's the Doom/Doom2 trigger used to instantly LOWER a raised platform to the ground as described in that tutorial; number and description. I have no experience in editing for Heretic, so I wouldn't know what the trigger equivalent is there (if there actually IS an equivalent). My guess is that any WR 'raise floor to adjacent ceiling' would do.

Thank you, great mordeth. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Old Post 07-25-01 16:16 #