Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > level names

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gamedude

In JDoom, when a level is finished loading and starts up, the level name and author appear at the top of the screen. How can I change this in my level to make my level name appear?

Old Post 12-07-02 02:13 #
Gamedude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

If you're talking about the stuff during the between-level intermissions, you have to use WinTex or another such utility and edit the CWILVxx graphics.

Old Post 12-07-02 03:07 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gamedude

no, that's not what I meant. After the level is started, the level name and author is displayed at the top of the screen in JDoom. I have seen it done. In my map, the original name of the map my wad replaces shows up. I want my name and my map name to be displayed. anyone know how this is done?

Old Post 12-07-02 04:25 #
Gamedude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gamedude

Never Mind. I figured out how to do it. You need to include an extra file in your pwad for JDoom to load.

Old Post 12-07-02 05:26 #
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

thats one way of doing it, and i have nice efficient way of making an animated level name that is translucent and casts light shadows over the backpic which can be 32 bit, using jdoomgl.lib

Old Post 12-20-02 22:36 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Dude

Jdoom loads a .ded file with all the names of the maps. I think its called maps.ded and you can copy this file, rename it, edit the map names to you liking and load it with the Kickstart launcher. I haven't done this myself but Deathgiver made a custom .ded for my upcoming megawad re-release and it works great!!!!!!

Old Post 12-22-02 15:49 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

Customising DEDs is piss-easy and lends personlization to the wads.

As well as editing map names and author names, you can change the sky texture used (you can also add extra skys - as many as you like, really - to the wad and have them loaded thru the DED).

Don't forget to create some new map-name graphics for the intermission screens, too.

Old Post 12-22-02 18:01 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom Dude

Hey thanx for the xtra info Spike, that should come in handy.. I was just wondering, will Jdoom load a .ded file from within a wad?

Old Post 12-22-02 23:38 #
Doom Dude is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote