Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Music replacing?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scientist
False Prophet

I'm new at replacing music in a doom-wad so here's how I tried to do it:

-Take a midi-file
-run it through midi2mus
-rename de mus-file to a raw-file
-put it in a pwad with NWT

Well I've tried this but midi2mus could not handle the conversion or something. I think the midi was to big. So my question is: Is there a better way/programm to replace music?

Thanks

Old Post 12-11-02 02:20 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Use Wintex. However, it also uses midi2mus, so I'd also like to know a good converter for very large midis. Anything over 70-80 KB and midi2mus throws a tantrum.

Old Post 12-11-02 02:25 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

Um DeePSea can do it without midi2mus, but I dont know how. Just wait til Deep sees this thread...

Old Post 12-11-02 02:30 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

Depends for what port you target, but most now directly support mids as lumps so you could try inserting the mid without converting it into mus.

Old Post 12-11-02 02:34 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

Actually I was hoping to be able to run it with doom2.exe.

Old Post 12-11-02 08:38 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

ZDoom can also play midi's directly from the pwad.

Old Post 12-11-02 10:09 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Don't you get it? Scientist wants his wads to be compatible with un-ported vanilla Doom2.exe

The way to go is *******ely Wintex. All the nitpicking neatly automatized.

I don't think you need to rename them .raw files.

Old Post 12-11-02 11:02 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

You can't use music files bigger than 64K.

Old Post 12-11-02 11:23 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

Little Faith look:

Scientist said:
Well I've tried this but midi2mus could not handle the conversion or something. I think the midi was to big.

Ichor said:
Use Wintex. However, it also uses midi2mus, so I'd also like to know a good converter for very large midis.

LittleFaith said:
The way to go is *******ely Wintex. All the nitpicking neatly automatized.

Now I urge you to stop spamming with those überlame I-know-everything-and-you-all-understand-shit-and-I-even-dont-need-to-bother-reading-a-thread-cause-Im-like-god one-liners. Because obviously, you'd better read before posting.

Old Post 12-11-02 11:27 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMer 4ever
Forum Regular

I don't understand a thing about wintex, so this is how I would will do it:

1. Use midi2mus to converts the midis to mus-files
2. Use mustool (I think you can get it from the archives) to make a new music-only wad.
3. Merge the music wad and level wad with NWT.

Old Post 12-11-02 11:35 #
DooMer 4ever is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

DooMer 4ever said:
1. Use midi2mus to converts the midis to mus-files

For christ sake does anyone actually read a thread before answering?!?

Old Post 12-11-02 11:39 #
Captain Red
Pants

just use deepsea SW. works fine.

Old Post 12-11-02 12:33 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMer 4ever
Forum Regular

The Reverend Julian said:

For christ sake does anyone actually read a thread before answering?!?

Yes I read and I know he knows that midi2mus needs to be used, but I said how I would do the whole process.

Old Post 12-11-02 12:55 #
DooMer 4ever is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

DooMer 4ever said:
Yes I read and I know he knows that midi2mus needs to be used, but I said how I would do the whole process.

O_o I'd say he knows midi2mus does not work for his mid.

Old Post 12-11-02 14:59 #
DooMer 4ever
Forum Regular

The Reverend Julian said:

O_o I'd say he knows midi2mus does not work for his mid.

Looks like I misunderstood the question, but it's no wonder. First he says that midi2mus won't work on his midis and then he asks what program is best for replacing music. AFAIK there is no way to replace music with midi2mus...

Old Post 12-11-02 15:08 #
yukib1t
Will DDR for food

I read through the thread, and I just want to see if I'm reading this right:

DeepSea SW will convert midi's over 64k? I've got the same problem, with one midi being 93k, and one 185k.

Old Post 12-15-02 20:02 #
yukib1t is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

TeamKill said:
I read through the thread, and I just want to see if I'm reading this right:

DeepSea SW will convert midi's over 64k? I've got the same problem, with one midi being 93k, and one 185k.

Sorry - the limit is 64k for the final result. IIRC, sometimes the source can be over 64k - too long ago to remember for sure.

Old Post 12-15-02 21:02 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote