Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Extracting Flats Using Deepsea

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Does know how to do it, cause I, uh, don't.

Old Post 12-18-02 02:33 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

DooMBoy said:
Does know how to do it, cause I, uh, don't.
Same tool that is use to extract anything.

Press F7 - select "Export Lump to a File"

On the right there are check boxes. Uncheck till only FLATS are left. Now click "Show Types Selected". What is now showing are only FLATS on the left side.

If you want to do a bunch at once, click "Grouping". If the FLATS are all one after the other you can use Shift+Cursor to select. If not, then use Ctrl+left Click to select all over the place.

All the FLATS you selected show up on the right hand side.

Now decide what kind of Export format you want. Export is a term used when taking data from a file and sending it somewhere else. If you choose WAD then all the FLATS are put into 1 PWAD. If BMP, then you get a bunch of BUMPS, if LUMP then raw format, if WAV it make a sound out of it -- ok, last was a joke. If you chose an incompatible format it will complain.

Don't forget that if you Import flats into a PWAD (opposite of export), that you place them between FF_START/FF_END markers. Help explains.

Old Post 12-18-02 04:25 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

I still have trouble. Is this process meant for registered deepsea?

Old Post 12-20-02 22:16 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

The Heretic said:
I still have trouble. Is this process meant for registered deepsea?
No - works in shareware too. Version 11.66 is current version www.sbsoftare.com

What part is not clear?

Old Post 12-20-02 23:08 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote