Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > My first deh

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Heh, yeah, I made my first deh, I feel so proud. Wasn't that hard, Whacked makes it easy. Anyway, without further ado, here it is. It was tested with Eternity and ZDoom but it works better in ZDoom. Read the readme (uber.txt) to find out what this deh does.

Old Post 12-19-02 11:49 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

Seems to run perfectly with zdoom, this would be a good compliment to nightmare mode. I'd rather be able to see the demons though, I wonder what else you might do with them.

Old Post 12-19-02 14:51 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

You've never made a single .deh ever, BBG? I mean until now.

I remember the days I used to make some pretty cool weaps with dehacked, but I never had a site and never released any of them.
But now I know DDF, so .deh to me is almost irrelevant. Although I've always wanted to make a DM mod for zdaemon... just keep an eye out for that...

Old Post 12-19-02 22:11 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

i really want wacked. me get it soon. hope it aint as hard and as poorly compatible as dehacked prooved on win ME

Old Post 12-20-02 22:39 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

I simply refuse to ever put Win XP, Win ME, Win 2000, or any other windows other than 95 version B or 98SE on a computer of mine. So far it's worked out pretty well for me. Dehacked displays graphics, plays sounds, and does everything else fine whether windowed or full screen.

Old Post 12-22-02 07:42 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

BBG, this is your first .deh? I've made so many it's no longer funny.

Old Post 12-22-02 17:41 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

The Heretic said:
i really want wacked. me get it soon. hope it aint as hard and as poorly compatible as dehacked prooved on win ME
I'm wondering what problems you guys are having with Dehacked because I have none of the issues you seem to be referring to. Using Win98 on some computers, Win2000 Pro on another and everything works fine on the Win2K machine.

One thing that some people might not know is that Dehacked will never "just run" when you copy its files to a folder. You need to specifically edit the dehacked.ini file (it's a text file) and put the correct paths in some places. This is a snip from my .ini:

editname = c:\games\editwork\doomhack.exe
normalname = c:\games\doom2\doom2.exe

# The name and location of your Doom WAD.
wadname = c:\games\doom2\doom2.wad

# The path to your Doom directory. This is where Doom will be run
# from when you 'r'un Doom inside DeHackEd.
pathname = c:\games\doom2

# Command line arguments when Doom is run from within DeHackEd.
params = -skill 4 -warp 1

# The directory to look for patch files in.
patchdir = c:\games\editwork

If you don't point dehacked to the proper directory for your doom2.wad and call out a valid directory to save patch files in, I think dehacked will start and immediately bomb, probably closing the DOS window and leaving you wondering what happened.

Old Post 12-22-02 18:03 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Heh, I remember I used to make deh files for megawads that didn't have stories, and I'd replace all the story text with stuff that fit the megawad.

Old Post 12-22-02 23:39 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Glaice
formerly Mr. Chris

Back in the Dehacked days, I made a REALLY silly Deh (ie Imps are moving barrels, archviles's fire was former human's slop animation & sound, etc etc etc) It simply made me crazy. Too bad I lost it a while ago, I woulda posted it too :(

Old Post 12-23-02 02:04 #
Glaice is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

I've never found any really major uses for Dehacked myself. Moslty just silly stuff. Like Zombies and Shotgunners that fired rockets. Except that all rockets travelled at a speed of 1. The courtyeard in E1M2 was like a (very) slowly shifting mine field.

Old Post 12-23-02 02:10 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

If anyone's looking for some historic DeHackEd stuff, I have a ton on the Doom Links page of my site.

Would anyone know where I can get old Doom update patches? For example v1.1 to v1.2 (I really want this one)? I've already checked the historic and patches directories on 3darchives and id's ftp and could only find patches to upgrade everything to v1.9. The closest thing is the patch to downgrade Ultimate 1.9 to normal full 1.1, which I used to get 1.1. There's all different shareware versions but they're not the same wad or even exe of the full versions. I already have the normal full 1.666 but patches to upgrade to it may be useful for some people.

If no old patches can be found, maybe they can be remade with the MDIFF utility or something mentioned in the text file of U1.9-1.1 downgrade patch.

Old Post 12-24-02 22:56 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

BigBadGangsta said:
Heh, yeah, I made my first deh, I feel so proud. Wasn't that hard, Whacked makes it easy. Anyway, without further ado, here it is. It was tested with Eternity and ZDoom but it works better in ZDoom. Read the readme (uber.txt) to find out what this deh does.

Nice.....404

Old Post 12-25-02 23:59 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote