Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Icon Of Sin

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

Has any oen made a Icon Of Sin that is not a face on a wall. If not how do you make things taller then a cyber demon?

Old Post 12-19-02 19:37 #
Rotting Corpse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

There are two ways that I can think of:

1 - Sprite scaling to make the monster look bigger.
2 - A lot more complicated way is to modify the source code. Then create a monster with two or three parts, one on top of another, and make it so that the individual parts move together in unison. Like I said, it's possible, but sort of difficult.

Last edited by Ichor on 12-19-02 at 21:28

Old Post 12-19-02 21:18 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

Ive made an Icon of sin without face......

Old Post 12-20-02 22:26 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Heretic
chocolate!!111

In your doom editor theres a 'thing' called boss shooter. placing that will send monster boxes to each spawn spot you have your map. The structures/stuff you choose to surround the boss shooter is up to you. Thats how icon of sin works, the face aint necersary. Place that john romero head where you want it to be hit. Leave it to you to think of systems to kill him.

Old Post 12-20-02 22:28 #
The Heretic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

Demons Hand said:
Has any oen made a Icon Of Sin that is not a face on a wall. If not how do you make things taller then a cyber demon?

Lame doom has a icon of sin without a big goat face.

Old Post 12-26-02 00:01 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Demons Hand said:
Has any oen made a Icon Of Sin that is not a face on a wall.

Yep. I've made them as reactors in both my DooM 2 wads. One you shoot normally and one you don't...

Old Post 12-26-02 00:23 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote