Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
stphrz

WadAuthor and Zennode

Anyone here know how to set up WadAuthor to use Zennode as an external node builder?

Look in the wauthor.ini file, there is a line for ExternalNodeBuildCmd=

It will go there, but I think there are some symbols needed in addition to zennode.exe. Probably noted in the WA help files? On Rick Clark's web pages?

Yes, I've figured it out as far as that. When I save my map it brings up a dialog that indicates that the nodes are being built, but then I get an error message stating the map cannot be run.

I've already checked the help files, but I'll give them another look.

Thanks.

Hm. Still no luck. I've been able to get wadauthor to use the win32 version of bsp as an external nodebuilder by using the command:

bsp-w32 $_Wadfile $_Wadfile

Try as I might however I just can't seem to get Zennode to work even though I tried your commandline suggestion.

I also tried:

zennode $_Wadfile -rz -o $_Wadfile

Still keep getting the error that the map cannot be run.

Oh well. Thanks.

You are missing some parms zennode requires - this works:

zennode $_Wadfile $_Mapname -o $_Wadfile

Other options like -rz up to you.

PS: Just in case you didn't do it this way: no need to mess with the ini file, just look in the Tool Options, Files.

Thanks deep. Everything works now. It turns out I was using an older and apparently buggy version of zennode that was messing things up. When your advice failed to work when you said it would I figured something must be screwy somewhere :) So, I downloaded the latest version, exchanged the executables and voila! Thanks again.