Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > WadAuthor and Zennode

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Anyone here know how to set up WadAuthor to use Zennode as an external node builder?

Old Post 12-20-02 01:26 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

Look in the wauthor.ini file, there is a line for ExternalNodeBuildCmd=

It will go there, but I think there are some symbols needed in addition to zennode.exe. Probably noted in the WA help files? On Rick Clark's web pages?

Old Post 12-20-02 01:37 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz

Yes, I've figured it out as far as that. When I save my map it brings up a dialog that indicates that the nodes are being built, but then I get an error message stating the map cannot be run.

I've already checked the help files, but I'll give them another look.

Thanks.

Old Post 12-20-02 02:02 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

Try adding this: zennode /nq /r $_Wadfile $_Mapname /o $_Wadfile

Old Post 12-20-02 02:34 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz

Hm. Still no luck. I've been able to get wadauthor to use the win32 version of bsp as an external nodebuilder by using the command:

bsp-w32 $_Wadfile $_Wadfile

Try as I might however I just can't seem to get Zennode to work even though I tried your commandline suggestion.

I also tried:

zennode $_Wadfile -rz -o $_Wadfile

Still keep getting the error that the map cannot be run.

Oh well. Thanks.

Old Post 12-20-02 04:27 #
deep
as in Deepsea

You are missing some parms zennode requires - this works:

zennode $_Wadfile $_Mapname -o $_Wadfile

Other options like -rz up to you.

PS: Just in case you didn't do it this way: no need to mess with the ini file, just look in the Tool Options, Files.

Last edited by deep on 12-20-02 at 06:36

Old Post 12-20-02 06:28 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz

Thanks deep. Everything works now. It turns out I was using an older and apparently buggy version of zennode that was messing things up. When your advice failed to work when you said it would I figured something must be screwy somewhere :) So, I downloaded the latest version, exchanged the executables and voila! Thanks again.

Old Post 12-20-02 09:36 #