Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > "X" Switches to go

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tormentor667

Hello again, I have a new script request for my ZDoom map. This time I'm looking for a script with which I can do these nice //"x" more to go// effects. What I mean? You place 3 switches in a map and you have to activate all of them to execute another operation. Each time you push one, a hudmessage appears, telling you how many switches are still left do push :)

I need 3 of them. I hope somebody here will be that kind to tell me how to do this (plz. complete script :D)

Old Post 12-22-02 21:41 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Mind you, I'm not really good, and this is partly guesswork, but I understand the basics enough to to this. (and I'm not sure on setting up some things)

code:
script 0 OPEN { int var switch1; switch=0; { if switch1=1; hudmessage(c:Two more to go;); { if switch=2; hudmessage(c:One more to go;); { if switch=3; hudmessage(c:Sequence complete!;); switch 1++ { if switch=4; break; { else; repeat; } } } } } } script 1 void { switch1 1++ }

Mind you, I haven't had much practice, but you get the idea. (some of the syntax is iffy, like the addition)

Old Post 12-22-02 21:57 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Assign each switch line the special "ACS_Execute" with script 1 as first argument. This will work for 3 switches. If you want more switches, just increase the number in count[2] and add more strings between the { }. I.e. for 4 swtiches you would write str count[3]={"three", "two", "one"};. Oh, and don't forget to also increase the number in if(c == 2) to the number you need.

code:
#include "zcommon.acs" str count[2]={"two", "one"}; int c; script 1 (void) { if(c == 2) { print(s:"do some fancy stuff here"); } else { print(s:count[c], s:" more to go"); c++; } }

Old Post 12-22-02 22:17 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

Thx alot guys, works fine :)

Old Post 12-22-02 22:45 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Use "switch" and "case" statements - easier to read, modify, etc.

//=== start example ==
switch(switch1) // just using the name you used
{

case 1: // doesn't have to start at 1
blahblah // nor in sequence
break; // this exits switch code
case 2: // and goes to "next"
more stuff
break;
case ...:
whatever
break;
}

"next" code

//=== end example

You can also put all the strings in one set (as I did with the clock). use messages[switch1] instead of "stringtext". Again cleaner:)

str messages[12]=
{ "first message",
"second message",
"third message",
and so on till you have 12 or whatever
};

In your original, be sure to use "==" not "=" if you want to compare.

Old Post 12-23-02 17:18 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote