Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Back again with yet another problem :(

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:17. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tormentor667

This time I have a very strange problem :( I have a room which consists of about 15 sectors. In this room, there are a few different enemies (demon, arch-vile, revenant). If I am in a few sectors of this room and in sight of an enemy, it doesn't see and attack me (stands still in case it hasn't seen me already) and if he has already seen me and I am in this sector, it doesnt attack me. As I have NOCLIP on and I'm standing directly in a wall :(

This problem concerns only some sectors of this room but I don't understand this bug. I can do whatever is possible but the sector makes me "dormant" or "notarget" (whatever).

Other Info: The room is in the very south of the map and the number of the sector is 5129. Are there any ZDoom limits about this?

Old Post 12-23-02 00:47 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

I've seen that sort of thing before. It's probably a bad map reject.

Old Post 12-23-02 01:01 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Mordeth
Administrator

Yes, it's a bad rejectmap. Change your level slightly and rebuild the nodes and the problem should go away.

Old Post 12-23-02 10:55 #
Mordeth is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

Could you explain this more detailed?! I really don't know where to begin with that :(

Old Post 12-23-02 13:06 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ichor

What do you use to edit your maps, and what nodebuilder do you use?

Old Post 12-23-02 14:14 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

I use ZETH to create my maps and WARM to build the nodes. Fortunately I found out, that WARM has tha ability to build a reject map and if I do this, the map works fine. Unfortunately as everything has its two sides, the creation of my reject map takes up about 5 minutes. :(

Old Post 12-23-02 14:59 #
Ichor

I use Zennode for that. It's a lot quicker.

Old Post 12-23-02 15:05 #
Tormentor667

Better now :) Thx alot again :)

Old Post 12-23-02 16:21 #
Nanami
not a woman

DeePsea's node builder is very fast. I have a level with:

4753 Vericies
5788 LineDefs
9430 SideDefs
920 Sectors

And building the nodes still only takes less than 20 seconds.

Old Post 12-24-02 00:13 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tormentor667

Well, my last nodebuild took me quite 1 minute and about 40 seconds ;)

Old Post 12-27-02 13:13 #
Ichor

Well, considering that you have enough sectors there to fill three small countries, 1 minute 40 seconds is extremely fast, heheh. Of course, most of that it probably building the reject.

Old Post 12-27-02 13:21 #