Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > A Stupid Question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Aleaver
Can't spll

What edtiors do you use to make all these new effects like slants,
arches, lights and in game text etc etc?

Dumb I know but anyway...

Old Post 12-24-02 01:17 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Anything that can edit ZDoom. (eg. WA with a special config file, DeePsea, ZETH)

Old Post 12-24-02 01:42 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

My new Zdoom megawad will be made using WA and Deepsea! WA has a better scripting interface I've found.

Old Post 12-24-02 01:45 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Deth/Zeth

Old Post 12-24-02 02:29 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

The slopes and stuff are only new line specials. Any editor that you can add line specials to does the trick. There are Boom-mode line specials and Hexen-mode line specials for the slopes btw.

On-screen text is done via scripting. You don't need a specific level editor for it (you can compile the scripts and insert it in to the wad yourself, but that's the long way), but ZETH and DeePsea handle the editing, compiling, and insertion for you (unsure how complete WA's scripting support is).

Old Post 12-24-02 06:27 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote