Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Railgun Problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

How do you edit the railgun's damage?

Old Post 12-27-02 03:38 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
footman
gimme DWJ3!

set the thing that uses the railgun's missile damage above 0

of course, if it's too high, it will kill anything, even if degreelessness/god mode is on

"I think the truth is that all the stars in the universe are actualy celestial sperm inside a pair of intergalactic testicles and that black holes suck them up and shoot them up an astral urethra and into the great eternal vagina." -Danarchy

Old Post 12-27-02 05:30 #
footman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

railgun?!

Old Post 12-27-02 05:31 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

Epyo said:
railgun?!
Heh, it's the railgun.bex file which ships with zdoom 1.23 beta 33, and probably with zdoom 1.22 also. Put the .bex file in your skins subdirectory, or load it at the command line as zdoom -bex railgun.bex and see what the plasma rifle does. :)

Old Post 12-27-02 05:40 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

Sweetness.
/me grins

Old Post 12-27-02 05:45 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Heh, railguns are cool. Especially the ZDoom one :)

Old Post 12-27-02 14:52 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Imp said:
How do you edit the railgun's damage?

footman said:
set the thing that uses the railgun's missile damage above 0

footman's answer only works if you are making a monster use the rail gun. In that case you do set the damage by giving the relevant monster a missile damage. The player rail cannot have it's damage altered.

Old Post 12-27-02 16:46 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Imp
I'LL CUT YOU BITCH!

is there a dehacked patch that makes gibs everytime you kill someone? (like if i kill you with pistol your body turns into gibs)

Old Post 12-27-02 22:09 #
Imp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Simply set everything's normal death to some type of gib death. Of course the larger enemies would look like crap turning into the smaller enemy gibs, unless you have them split into multiple gibs (Give some code pointer frames to their death sequence to spawn some as replacement lost souls and/or mancubus fireballs).

Old Post 12-27-02 22:48 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

Making all of them gibbity is easy. I actually did that once just for fun. All the small enemies anyway.

What would be nice would be wad where all the bigger enemies have a gibbity death. I'd like to see a Baron splatter. Or a Cacodemon. Admittedly, some of them sort of splatter anyway (Cyberdemon, Pain Elemental), but a real all-gib wad would be interesting to see. Has this been made before? I'm sure it's not a new idea. I want a copy. =P

Old Post 12-28-02 00:07 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote