Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Dexter

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

http://destruct.alkali.org/dexter/

I can't wait for this. Sounds like editing would be much quicker and painless. For any special effects editing, though, it sounds like the described interface would be inadequate. Still, you could much more quickly create the form of your level and then go to another editor and take care of the low-level stuff.

Anybody else heard of it? I strongly suggest that anybody who knows the developper should prod him along at any opportunity. :P

Old Post 01-10-03 05:35 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

The author is Jonathan Rimmer.

Old Post 01-10-03 10:09 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Yeah, I know. Somehow I got a link to his site, and then I was screwing around and found that. I don't know him personally, so I'll leave it to (you?) to bug the shit out of him about working on that editor so I can use it. Heh.

Old Post 01-10-03 12:16 #
Ultraviolet is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

It's being developed.

Old Post 01-10-03 17:47 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

YOU NOT SPEAK MUCH WORD. MAKE BORED.

Old Post 01-10-03 21:40 #
Fredrik

We're like coding it, and stuff.

Extra sentence to make post longer.

Old Post 01-10-03 22:03 #
rf`
Dr. Nosign

HAHA ITS NOT A 2PERSON THREAD NO MORE!!!

Well, This new editor should be interesting. Heh. :)

Old Post 01-10-03 22:06 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

don't look too special.

Old Post 01-10-03 23:24 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Epyo said:
don't look too special.
Of course, you expect GtkRadiant in version 0.001B.

Old Post 01-11-03 00:00 #
Epyo
Dude

Yeah, so? :p

Old Post 01-11-03 02:32 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Julian

Heh, this sounds promising. I'd like to see it done.

Old Post 01-11-03 02:35 #
Julian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Fredrik said:
We're like coding it, and stuff.

See, that's why you should say more. I didn't know you were working on it. What else can you tell us about it?

Old Post 01-11-03 05:00 #
5hfifty
I've been weinered ;)

He's lying. I'm coding it.

Old Post 01-11-03 12:48 #
5hfifty is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Ultraviolet said:

See, that's why you should say more. I didn't know you were working on it. What else can you tell us about it?

It's going to be implemented as a component in a WAD editor.

Old Post 01-11-03 13:20 #
Biffy
Forum Regular

Ultraviolet said:
......... so I can use it. Heh.
Oh yes, this might mean that I will finally, finally see something you have created. C'mon UV, where is my wad? Make me something with farm animals? Take that tntblood map11 (red barn) and populate it. :)

Old Post 01-11-03 16:06 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jonathan
I am not a leet hax0r :(

Hi all,
Glad to see people like the general idea of Dexter.

Yes, me and Fred have combined forces to work on a kick-ass Doom wad editor based on the gpled Winwad source. Dexter will now be the level editing component of the overall editor. Everything is still very much in the planning stages at the moment, so don't be expecting much in the short term.

As for the point made about special fx, this problem occurred to me as well. The solution will probably be that the editor will have two modes: the vector mode and the fine-control mode, the latter of which will resemble a more conventional level editor and will allow manipulation down to the raw bytes of the level data.

Old Post 01-13-03 03:05 #
Jonathan is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

Heh, you have to tell Doomers not to expect much in the short term? Come on... Millennium... Mordeth II/III... ZDoom... we know, oh, we know...

Old Post 01-13-03 04:35 #
Biffy
Forum Regular

Mmmmh...I love it when you talk this way...let's dm in tntblood map11..:)

Old Post 01-13-03 05:23 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Shaviro
Team Future Chief

I really can't wait for this :)

Old Post 01-13-03 08:17 #
Shaviro is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ultraviolet
933-phunk-5up4h-94n9574

OhI'mSoSexy.

Old Post 01-13-03 12:37 #