Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[Win]Elchtest

Extract Textures from doom2.wad?

Hello,

i want to extract all textures of the doom2.wad. the special thing is, i need the "textures", not the single "flat" / "patches" thing.
the "textures" are the ones that are combined of flat and patches, and are used in jdoom (doomsdayhq.com) for replacing.

any idea how to do it?
thanx a lot!

What, do you mean the textures lump? Wall graphics?(patches) You can use either wintex or nwtpro to do that.

Myk: No. Nothing is 'hardcoded' into the IWAD. Only the .exe.

myk said:

You can't, they are hardcoded into the IWAD.

Errr, yeah.

Use this program, you can extract and replace anything in the IWAD with it. Or rather, just make a new PWAD, replace them in that, and then use that PWAD in the command line for jDoom.

"Textures" are simply data which tell the Doom engine how to assemble the patches. What patch, offsets etc etc. AFAIK there is no simple way to do what you want to do. So yeah, you could say they are "coded" into the IWAD.

[Win]Elchtest said:
i want to extract all textures of the doom2.wad. the special thing is, i need the "textures", not the single "flat" / "patches" thing. ...any idea how to do it? thanx a lot!

I posted last night the easiest way to do this and automagically the post disappeared. Interesting.

Anyway, the easiest way to get ALL the patches is to use DeePsea, F7, Graphics editor, Export Textures. This makes 1 PWAD of all the graphic lumps. If you want these as BMPS, read the file back in, F7, Export, select external files, group and select all and press BMP. All of them will be written at once to the directory selected.