Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Mining Decorations (2 questions)

1. What things do you encounter in a mining facility (things, you could insert via the ZDoom Decorations lump)

2. Do you have useful sprites for me?!

1) barrels, pick axes, shovels, mine cars...uh, perhaps dynamite though they prolly don't leave that stuff lying around.

2) nope

1) don't forget strung lighting, piles of timbers, crates of suplies and hard hats.

2) i may have some sprites that would be usefull to you. I will look through them and see.

I've done plenty of mine levels in the past but I've never used mine-specific sprites in them - although a naked lightbulb would look good. Drilling equipment (discarded drill bits etc.) wouldn't go amiss either.

That's given me ideas for the mine zone in my own project...maybe I'll make some for that. (to go with that lightbulb of mine)

- Barrels, fine, but not the Doom ones. They need to look rusty, old and abandoned.

- Shovels, not that good because I don't think, you still use shovels in the future to dig for something ;) (same goes to the other old stuff).

- Timber is also not that good, because it is a very futuristic mine (with bars of steel instead of timber)

I'll try to describe the mine more clearly now:
- Ambient sounds are used extensively (machines)
- Brown Haze (like this one:
(this screenie fits very well the atmosphere of my TNT3 mine)

Nevertheless, I hope this helps and you can get me some better stuff ;) Thx though!

Shiiit...there used to be some FPS that took place in some mines. If I knew what it was called then someone could possibly extract sprites from it. Hmm.

Tormentor667 said:

I'll try to describe the mine more clearly now:
- Ambient sounds are used extensively (machines)
- Brown Haze (like this one:
(this screenie fits very well the atmosphere of my TNT3 mine)

What is that pic from?

Wow, this just looks great :)

Well, I'll try to help you just a bit.

Here are some screenies of TNT3 so you get an idea, how your decorations should look like so that they fit perfect:

It all should look rusty, used and old BUT still futuristic (if you know what I mean).

The Mining Drone looks nice (is it possible to make it looking like it is moving and digging? is it also possible to make the lasers looking more "sprite" ?! is it possible to make the bright grey of the machine a bit darker and rustier?!). Maybe you could create other automated things like this one (some smaller some larger). Perhaps also some rusty barrels, some bloody things (machines), some steely(dark black steel with brown bolts) things, chains and hanging from the ceiling, things like that. Do whatever you have in mind :)

This is really cool :) Thx alot LilWhite Mouse. I have just one question: The sprites have more directions than Doom can handle. (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) What about this strange "A9, AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF" things? How do they work? How do I have to insert them into my DECORATE lump?

Scuba Steve said:

Doesn't Strife have some Mine Gfx?

I'll check.

Metal barrels
Wooden barrels
Those power couplings
and stalagmites and stalagtites.
That's about it.

Edit: And an anvil. DOn't ask.

Tormentor667 said:

This is really cool :) Thx alot LilWhite Mouse. I have just one question: The sprites have more directions than Doom can handle. (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) What about this strange "A9, AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF" things? How do they work? How do I have to insert them into my DECORATE lump?

ZDoom supports 16 different angles, and that's how the extras are named...