Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > DeHacked thing re-naming question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ReX

I'm trying to figure out how to rename things in DeHacked. I've looked into the "Text" editing section but couldn't figure out how to do it. I have looked at a few DeHacked patches, and it seems that the thing must be renamed in the "Thing" editor. Is this correct?

Old Post 07-28-01 20:57 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fanatic
Old Post 07-28-01 21:46
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
ReX

I figured it was the thing editor, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

Old Post 07-28-01 23:48 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ezxariarch

If ur just tryin to rename sumthing into ur own monster name to be able to find ur own stuff easier den it would be in da THING (F2) part.

But if ur hoping to renme the Monsters dat u see afta u beat the ICON OF SIN, go to the TEXT section, scrool down until u see da list of monsters in da order of:

ZOMBIE MAN
SHOTGUN GUY
HEAVY WEAPON DUDE
IMP
DEAMON...
etc....

dan rewrite da text
(HINT: if ur name is too short just keep pressing SPACEBAR till it fills of the MAX CHARACTERS)

Old Post 07-31-01 22:33 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

What I was going for was a change in the obituaries, so that the text message would correctly identify the renamed enemy that kills the player. I'm using Text Strings in a .bex patch to re-write the obits.

I figured out that renaming the enemies in the Cast of Characters (DeHacked text editing) only changes the enemy names in the End-game sequence. Re-writing the obituaries also changes the enemy names during the game.

Thanks for your input.

Old Post 08-01-01 02:53 #