Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ReX

DeHacked thing re-naming question

I'm trying to figure out how to rename things in DeHacked. I've looked into the "Text" editing section but couldn't figure out how to do it. I have looked at a few DeHacked patches, and it seems that the thing must be renamed in the "Thing" editor. Is this correct?

Guest Fanatic

Go to the thing editor in Dehacked (F2), press the left or right arrow keys until you are focused on the upper left box, press ENTER on the name, and there ya go.

I figured it was the thing editor, but I wasn't sure. Thanks.

If ur just tryin to rename sumthing into ur own monster name to be able to find ur own stuff easier den it would be in da THING (F2) part.

But if ur hoping to renme the Monsters dat u see afta u beat the ICON OF SIN, go to the TEXT section, scrool down until u see da list of monsters in da order of:

ZOMBIE MAN
SHOTGUN GUY
HEAVY WEAPON DUDE
IMP
DEAMON...
etc....

dan rewrite da text
(HINT: if ur name is too short just keep pressing SPACEBAR till it fills of the MAX CHARACTERS)

What I was going for was a change in the obituaries, so that the text message would correctly identify the renamed enemy that kills the player. I'm using Text Strings in a .bex patch to re-write the obits.

I figured out that renaming the enemies in the Cast of Characters (DeHacked text editing) only changes the enemy names in the End-game sequence. Re-writing the obituaries also changes the enemy names during the game.

Thanks for your input.