Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyRaptor

XWE woes

Okay, I really have no idea what I'm doing here so bear with me. I tried to get WinTex but it doesn't seem to work for me. So I got XWE, thinking it does the same thing. I'm not so sure now.

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is merge two texture wads into one. And then, on top of that, add some of my own textures. I've managed to do either one of two things: a)only one of the texture packs appears in the new one, or B)both will show up, but they'll only be parts of the textures, and not the whole textures themselves. So now I have no clue what to do. If anybody could step me through this I'd really, really appreciate it. Thanks.

One way to merge two files is to use MERGEWAD, a utility to combine two or more wads into one.

From what I can tell, MERGEWAD probably won't work for his situation. He did not describe it detail, but I'm guessing he needs to also merge/reconcile mutiple TEXTUREx and PNAMES lumps, not just the raw graphics. If not, the following still work though:)

There are 3 programs that do TEXTUREx/PNAME merging too. However, none of them can help if the patch names are duplicated. Just one patch name will survive. Similary, if the texture names are duplicated, just one texture will survive.

1. Wintex - but it can lose data and not merge TEXTUREx/PNAMES correctly.

2. Patcher - DOS, relatively hard to use, command line stuff, but it works http://home.pacbell.net/jflynn/software.html

3. DeePsea - F7 Merge tool - gives a report of all duplicates sbsoftware.com