Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > wavy water effect

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ChaosOverlord

hey, i seen this effect on map 8 in hexen, is this effect possible to reproduce in zdoom? if so, hook me up with some specs... yah yah! heh...

Old Post 08-02-01 23:44 #
ChaosOverlord is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You're talking about that one goopy room in the fog map? That's actually a bunch of individual sectors that move up and down. If you load the map in your editing program, you can see how they drew the area and check their scripts or line tags to see how they did it.

Old Post 08-03-01 03:38 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ChaosOverlord

only problem with that is, I don't own Hexen so i can't check it out... which sucks...

Old Post 08-03-01 04:12 #
ChaosOverlord is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Here is what it looks like in the editor. Each of those individual vertical sections of floor is operated by a script that tells it how to move. I don't know how to write the script, but when you design the map, make sure you leave any wall textures off of these lines, that's why the liquid looks smooth when it's "waving" up and down; if you leave off the wall textures, the liquid textures kinda blend together and it doesn't look like a bunch of separate platforms rising up and down.

Old Post 08-03-01 08:38 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

The command is "Floor_Waggle": http://zdoom.notgod.com/reference/act_floors.html#Floor_Waggle

but don't ask me how to do it like in Hexen's map8, I've never done such a complex Floor_Waggle.

Old Post 08-03-01 20:20 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote