Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Hey Lut, HHE being pissy.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

HOW the FUCK do I load HHE patches? All I can do is directly change the herehack.exe.

Can't load them with:

Heretic -file whatever.hhe

Herehack -file whatever.hhe

Jheretic -file whatever.hhe

Legacy -file whatever.hhe

Doesn't work when I drag the patches over the .exe,

It's a huge pain in the ass. Please help. Thanx.

Old Post 08-03-01 18:57 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

The original engine (heretic.exe, herehack.exe) can't load patches; if you want somebody to use the patch, you have to include a batch file that will create a patched EXE, or just put your patched EXE in the ZIP file along with your WAD. With ports, you're supposed to be able to use the -DEH option to load hack patches, although I don't know if they changed that parameter to something new for Heretic patches. -FILE works for WADs and WADs only. It all depends on the port you're using, some of the Heretic ports might not even support external patch loading. You'll have to read the readme's for each of the ports you're trying to use the patch with. Or just mail the authors if you're too lazy to do that, like me.

Old Post 08-04-01 00:20 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Great, thank you man.

YOU ARE A GREAT COMMUNITY MEMBER.

Old Post 08-04-01 00:23 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
diluted
I am maga

his custom title says it all, man

Old Post 08-04-01 06:10 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
Freedoom Bloke

without doing any testing, try renaming to .deh for the legacy instance.

Old Post 08-04-01 16:50 #
Jon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote