Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tolwyn

ZETH and Signal Out of Range

Ok.

I realize this is a video card issue or a monitor issue.

I am wondering if there's anything I can do to run ZETH above 640x480x256 on my WinXP system?

I would try booting into DOS, but my HD is formated NTFS and I don't think I can mount it for editing?

I'm most comfortable with DETH (and ZETH is basically the same thing for my purposes)...

I'm just curious how to get the thing to run without it sending a refresh rate that borks my system.

What exatcly is happening when you try to run DETH or ZETH from XP?I can run DETH from XP,but when i exit my display is all messed up and i can barely see jack.So i go into DOOM to test my level,and when i come back the display is normal.

If I try to run DETH or ZETH in any other resolution other than 640x480, my monitor craps out with "signal out of range."

I've tried setting my desktop to 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, etc. I've tried setting the refresh rate at 60, 70, 75, 85, etc. No matter what I do, the program craps out unless it is run at 640x480.

I've tried compatibility mode, etc.

I can run both at 640x480, but it's not very efficient for me to do so.

The monitor I have is a Diamondtron VX920 Flat Panel (not LCD, just flat panel CRT).

The video card is a GeForce4 TI4600 128MB card.

If you search this forum you'll find this has been reported quite a bit of late. Basically some video cards don't like running DETH/ZETH in Windows XP, and so far there's nothing that can be done about it I'm afraid...

I have exactly the same problem and I think it has something to do with the fact, that new Videocards don't use anymore VESA Drivers. Any idea about that!?

I cant remember what it's called, but there's a program that will allow DOS to access NTFS drives. You could try searching for that I suppose. I dont know if it will help.

The first thing didn't work at all. My monitor refuses to display anything.

The 2nd option I'm not likely going to try. I can just set up a Laptop with Win98 and set a shortcut to reboot in MS DOS mode.