Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

K2 Bridge!

I need quite a bit of help! I've been trying to use the k2Bridge in my new map... but it never works. I tried changing the block player sprite into a 128x64 cyan square and adding it to my wad, but they still appear as have corpses on my map... something's wrong but I don't know what. PLEASE HELP!

Uh, er, you were using ZDooM last time I checked, is this still true? Then why don't you just use the invisible bridge things?

cyber-menace said:

I tried changing the block player sprite into a 128x64 cyan square and adding it to my wad, but they still appear as have corpses on my map...

First, you do not need the modified image to be 128*64. Even a 4*4 image should be fine. Next, vanilla DooM will not display modified sprites unless the IWAD has been appended (e.g., using DEUTEX) with the sprites. In other words, simply inserting your modified sprite will not automatically work in vanilla DooM.

If you want the things to be visible like in the k2 bridge example (and you're using ZDoom), take one of the things you don't want (eg. hanging body with no block) and check the following boxes in dehacked: "Obstacle, No Gravity" (make sure the others are unchecked). Then add your new sprite to your wad and rename it to the name of the sprite you're replacing (if you use the hanging body, remember that you won't be able to use the solid hanging body, as they share the same sprite).

Then place your new thing into your map and use the z-coordinate to set it's height.

Heh, if he's using ZDoom, then he should just use the invisible bridge thing (type 5064) as Epyo suggested :)

Well... my editors never came with the bridge thing... I decided I would just take the sprite in the sample wad and insert it into my wad with Deepsea. I'm still using Zdoom like Epyo said and most of my maps use Zdoom. I have my bridges working and am now continuing on my map called the moon. It is moving slowly because of school and all, but I will be going into summer soon so I will be able to work on it quite a bit. I've discovered that there must be at least 128 space below the bridge in order to walk under it. My new moon map's plot diagram looks quite nice! And with the K2 Bridge under my control it will be easy. I never could figure out Wintex so I say DEEPSEA ALL THE WAY. Thanks for the help anyways though... I have a lot of work to do so I might report in with another question later. C ya!

Yes I'm using the ZDoom/Hexen project in Deepsea, but by the time I got to using the bridge in my map I was already out of space... I had to use WadAuthor to make it, but it still turned out just fine.