Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Twiztid

3d bridges

how do you make the 3d bridges(the ones you can go over and under) because the tutaril section didnt really help.

http://www.doomworld.com/tutorials/fx8.shtml

I dont know what tutorial you looked at, but the link above is where I learned how to do it. You have to use a self-referencing sector in unison with lowering and raising tags.

If this is the link you already looked at, or you still dont get it, feel free to PM me and I'll explain further.

Note: If your using ZDooM, you can use an invisible bridge object instead. I dont know about other ports.

If you make your level for ZDooM, the bridge will be a whole lot easier to make, but you will only be able to play your level in ZDooM.

You can also use Eternity, which makes things easier yet, but is a method that like ZDoom's has the disadvantage of only being compatible with one source port.

Epyo said:

If you make your level for ZDooM, the bridge will be a whole lot easier to make, but you will only be able to play your level in ZDooM.

Not exactly true. It should also work in Skulltag, ZDaemon and ZDoomGL.

Of course, the best 3D bridges can be made in legacy and edge, and are also dead easy XD but they only work with..legacy and edge XD

I made a similar thread to this. I took the example wad from the K2bridge tutorial fom the Zdoom website and put its edited thing (a hanging corpse which was editing to be invisible) and used that in my level. I basically just put the edited thing on the bridges of my level and adjusted their Z height and it worked. I think this would work with any DOOM type correct?

no, original doom does not have z-clipping, plus ZDoom maps are in hexen format and the only source port that can play hexen format maps is ZDoom (and uh, jHexen), so you're sol and if you're gonna do that you may as well just use the zdoom specific bridges heh

...the only source port that can play hexen format maps is ZDoom (and uh, jHexen),

Until Legacy C++ is released.