Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Reasonable Sound Editing tool

I am trying to convert VOC files to WAV with Cool Edit, but it seems that when I do this, DOOM Legacy either ends up playing the sound with the pitch too high, or Wintex will not load the WAV file at all.

What is a good alternative to Cool Edit in this case, I need something small and non-fancy.

In the past I've used Goldwave ( http://www.goldwave.com/ ). I'm pretty sure it supports VOC files. I haven't tried the latest version (ver 5) but I had 4.26 on my old machine and was pretty happy with it. Haven't got round to putting it on my new machine yet though.

If you can find ModPlug, it is free and will do what you need done. All you have to do is hit new, import your VOC or WAV file as a sample, and then save the sample somewhere as WAV, VOC, or just about what the hell ever else.

Free is always better, I went ahead and grabbed that and was suprised to see that Winblows actually has a programs to convert Tracker files to MP3, up till now I thought my Amiga was the only computer in the house with that sort of software.

For some reason ModPlug won't let me directly encode from it anything above 56k. However, it'll let you go as high as your OS will support in exporting it to .WAV, and from there you can encode to MP3 at any bitrate. Or, even better, OGG.

Yes, mine writes directly to MP3 too, I was just saying it doesn't encode higher than 56k, so I just export it to .WAV and then encode the resulting file.

My friend has the same problem on his old PC straight from some crappy encoder in Windows. Nothing higher than 56k/bit, 22Hz. Very weird.