Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hustler One

WAV for Music

I was thinking about how you cannot use anything other than MIDI files for background music, then i thought:
"What if you used FraggleScript(http://legacy.newdoom.com/der/scripts/index.shtml) for Legacy, put a silent MIDI on the background, added a WAV files that contained music you wanted to use, and put this is the script at the beggining of the level?

[Scripts]
script 1
{
startsound(trigger,"MUSICLVL");
wait(amount of time music lasts);
etc...
}

startscript 1;

that way, it would play the WAV file over and over as a sound, put you could use it to play music. Please, let me know if this is a good idea or not.

I'm pretty sure Legacy supports at least MP3s, if not other formats like MOD, S3M, XM, OGG, etc. Certainly most other Windows-based ports do, even JDoom!

It probably does, but the editors i have (WinTex and XWE) do not allow replacement of D_RUNNIN or other level names with any file type other than MIDI Files. ¬_¬

Wintex will allow you to import files other than MIDI, but it takes a bit of trickery to do it. Here's what I do:

First show only data lumps, then click Load lump from file. A dialog will come up asking for the name. Select GENMIDI. It will then show a dialog with a list of .lmp files. Click "Show All Files" then click the file you want to import. It will then import the file to the GENMIDI lump. Select this lump, go to Guru and select Rename Lump. In the next dialog, enter "D_RUNNIN"(without the quotes of course) and hit OK.