Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Dehacked fubar

I replaced the spawn bullet clip code pointer with NULL when the zombieman dies, and now if the enemy dies in a 64 unit high room, it doesn't switch to noblocking upon death. The really odd thing is that it was the frame before that that made it noblocking.

I also did this with the shotgun seargent, and chaingunner.

This is in zdoom btw.

There is no code-pointer for dropping items in DeHackEd, so I guess you changed the code-pointer that 'noblocks' a corpse into NULL.

You can only change the ammo a monsters drops through DECORATE lumps. Even with DECORATE, you cannot change existing actors. Hope this helps :)

Terra-jin said:

There is no code-pointer for dropping items in DeHackEd, so I guess you changed the code-pointer that 'noblocks' a corpse into NULL.

Then why don't they spawn items anymore then? I only changed one code pointer, and they only stay blocking in short sectors.

Also, the zombiemen dissapear when a door closes on them, even if they aren't dead.

Well... all I know is that what you're describing is not possible with DeHackEd. Did you use another program?

Perhaps you could paste the contents of your .deh file here, so I could take a closer look.

Thing 2 (Trooper)
Hit points = 80
Bits = 4325382

[CODEPTR]
frame 191 = NULL
frame 196 = NULL
Those are the only two changes to the zombieman.

(and no that isn't the whole deh, just everything referring to that enemy.)

Hmmm, according to my DeHackEd (version 3.1) your trooper has the flag #17, 'disappearing weapon', set. Perhaps that's causing the problem?

As for the code pointers, they are using a different format than my .deh files... I didn't even know you could set a code-pointer to NULL...

Pointer 138 (Frame 281)
Codep Frame = 174
That's how it looks in my version; and you can only specify a frame that has a code-pointer of its own. Anyway, I hope this solves the problem.

Ravage's patch has BEX stuff in it. The [CODEPTR] block is BEX-only. Only BEX supports text-codepointers. In original DHE, you only specify the frame of the codepointer you want to use. One referred to the codepointer one wished to use by referring to the frame in which it was originally used.

Oh, uh, BEX is only supported in Boom, ZDoom, possibly MBF, and other Boom derivatives.