Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > heeeeeeeeeeelp

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
diluted
I am maga

my switches dont work well and im not sure what im doin man.....its like they dont respond or somthing...i hafto like hit the action button on the thing i want it to affect a million times then hit the switch..

Old Post 06-17-01 18:11 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

I'm not sure I fully understood what your problem with switches is exactly, but let's say you have a wall switch that you want to open a door. From the Linedefs/Sidedefs menu select "Remote Door" under Class. If you want the door to stay open, from Type select "S1:Open". If you want the door to open and close select "S1:Open/Close". If you want the switch to be a repeatable switch select "SR:Open/Close". Next, make sure you assign a sector tag to the switch linedef, and assign the same sector tag to the door that is activated by the switch.

If you follow these steps your switch ought to work fine. Good luck.

Old Post 06-17-01 21:42 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
diluted
I am maga

ah that makes sence....thanks man

Old Post 06-17-01 21:48 #
diluted is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote