Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Green Marine

Blood Red Skies

Ok, heres the skinny. I'm working on a set of levels called "Raining Blood". All the metal heads ears just perked up. Its a slayer based wadset. The level titles include L1, Raining Blood, L2, Lacerated Sky, L3, Bleeding its Horror, and L4, Reign in Blood. Anyway, I got sidetracked. Basically I need a few different crimson looking skies. Red, dark, evil, you know the drill. Any suggested maps with this type of sky? Any and all help will kick ass.

Sky guy to the rescue. I got about six that could help you. Give me your e-mail address and I'll send 'em out.

Im guessin plutonia is the route to take. I still wanna see your skies grimm. Send em to me if you get a chance man.

Dittohead said:

Rock on!

Perhaps I could lend a hand? :)

After seeing your first map reborn? Sure. Maybe you could do two and I could do two.

Grimm, redskyx.bmp was 100% PERFECT for the level in the series I was working on (level 2, "Lacerated Sky"). I apreciate your time and applaud your insight into the world of cool red skies :p. Thanks again man.

Id still like to know how to get that hexen sky. Anyone?

Ok, I know how to import images/textures from an external wadfile. However, i do not know how to import images not in wadfiles. The extension for the images I recieved from grimm are *.bmp. How do I use said files in my level?

[EDIT] ok I tried to get Wintex to do said operation^. However, upon installation and executing Wintex.exe, I get the follwing file error:

Cannot find VBRUN300.dll

Im drownin folks.

[EDIT] ok I tried to get Wintex to do said operation^. However, upon installation and executing Wintex.exe, I get the follwing file error:

Cannot find VBRUN300.dll

It's a Visual Basic component required for Wintex to run. Run a search for it, make a copy, and paste it in the Wintex directory.

L1, Raining Blood...L4, Reign in Blood

Those two are abit too similar, I'd call level 4 Blood Reign - but thats just me.

Its a slayer based wad. The lyrics to the song "Raining Blood" are

"... Raining blood, from a lacerated sky. Bleeding its horror. creating my structure, now I shal REIGN IN BLOOD!"

Thats why I kinda used those names. I like em.

Lutarez said:

It's a Visual Basic component required for Wintex to run. Run a search for it, make a copy, and paste it in the Wintex directory.

my hard drive or the net?

How do I take the file from Grimm (.bmp) and make it a functioning sky flat in wintex so i can implement it into my level?

[EDIT] To: EARTHQUAKE: If you ha a wadfile with redskyx.bmp allready in it, that would be helpful.

Heh. What yu want to do is go to patches, then hit "Load entry from file", then put in:

SKY? for Doom 1 (where ? equals the episode number) OR
RSKY1 1-11 in Doom2
RSKY2 12-21 in Doom2
RSKY3 21-30 in Doom2

Doom 2 level ranges are approximate, cause I don't edit for Doom 2. And dude, I doubt Earthquake is listening.

EarthQuake said:

Use the plutonia one. Nothing beats that gibs and blood sky.

I almost think that that sky is scary. I gives me the creeps. It looks too much like meat.