Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Palette question (doom & heretic etc)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ViperBoy

I'm developing a mod. I'm too lazy to draw 5 million pics for enemies, so I was thinking about using sprites from Heretic and Hexen etc. But all these games use different palettes so won't this be a problem ?
What do I do ?

Old Post 09-02-01 14:49 #
ViperBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
loser
Green Marine

If you use XWE ( http://doomworld.com/xwe ) you can export (save) all the pictures you want from Hexen or Heretic. When you import (load) them into your Doom WAD, they will be automatically converted to the Doom palette.

Old Post 09-02-01 15:13 #
loser is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Hey Csabo:

Good to see you out and about, you lazy slacker ;) I got your email about DH, and I must agree that the blue skies and water look stunning. Thanks again for that and everything else you did.

ReX

Old Post 09-02-01 16:00 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ezxariarch

Well, it shouldbeeh too much of a problem. Heretic,HeXen, Doom have similar Colors. da main difrentce is da YELLOWs and da ORANGESs.

So copyin and pastin shouldnt cause too much of a problem. U just hav to add or edit a few colors. I steal Hexen and heretic stuff a lot =). But if you're talkin about Strife dan deres a MAJOR differance in da pallettes. But strife stuff sux be cus most of the stuff is just an edited version of doom sprites.

Old Post 09-02-01 19:56 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote