Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Deth/source code-How to implent line drawing?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

I would like to make a modifed version of Deth but I want to add line drawing and line/sector spitting (by drawing a line then right click to split or make a sidedef)

I know I won't get no response but I would still appriciate if anyone can help me with it.

Thanks.

Old Post 09-03-01 03:26 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

I would like to make a modifed version of Deth but I want to add line drawing and line/sector spitting (by drawing a line then right click to split or make a sidedef)

It already does line spitting if you put a vertex on a line. It also has sector splitting.

So what you do it add code to drive those routines.

Now the linedrawing will be a whole new set of code. You use the graphics instructions for drawing lines - exactly the same ones used already to draw the map!

When a person makes a vertex (when starting out) - you use the above mentioned code above to split the line. Don't prompt - just do it!

I think DMAPEDIT source will also show you how to do this? Don't recall for sure, but I think that line draws. However, the basics are pretty simple. The hard part is how to assign correct sector values to the sidedefs - or you could just assign the next new sector - as now - and the user comes back and changes it.

P.S. Didn't explain something: One way you can erase the "drawn" lines is XOR draw as the user moves the cursor.

So after initiating whatever is the "linedraw" command;

1. get the position of the cursor to "start" drawing (with the 1st click or whatever),
2. as the cursor moves that becomes a "temporary" new draw location
3. and as the user moves, you erase the old line and then draw a new line.

Old Post 09-03-01 06:04 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote