Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Dehacked question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Is there any way I can give the pistol unlimited ammo? I've tried playing around with it unsuccessfully, just wondering if anyone knew how to.

Old Post 09-07-01 02:19 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

In Dehacked, in the F4 menu (I think), change its ammo type to 5. Done.

Old Post 09-07-01 05:47 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

I tried that in my initial experimenting, and it didn't work. Might be something to do with ZDoom, haven't tried patching an original Doom executable...

Old Post 09-07-01 11:21 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Yep, bug in ZDoom. Worked fine when I patched my Ultimate Doom Executable. Gonna post something on the ZDoom forums about it. Thanks anyways.

Old Post 09-07-01 11:32 #
Lüt
Administrator

Yep, bug in ZDoom.
Hah. I haven't seen a port yet that could properly load a DEH file from the command line.

Old Post 09-07-01 15:52 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ezxariarch

Hm... When you tried to put the ammo type of the pistol to 5(unlimited) did this things happen?

-the pistol started to use up the MAX. Ammo frum another gun

Zdoom should be able to make a weapon use UNLIMITED ammo, cuz in the Ghost Busters Doom TC, i ran it in Zdoom (boom have crappy graphics) and it worked just fine. Are u sure you typed the command line correctly at the start?

EX: C:\Doom2\Zdoom -deh Cheappistol.deh

Old Post 09-08-01 00:35 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

I find that unlimited ammo function to be VERY buggy with dehacked. Used to crash WAY too much for my liking.

Old Post 09-08-01 04:20 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

Posted by Randy on the ZDoom forums:

Noted. The ammo types were expanded to accomodate Heretic and Hexen, so type 5 is no longer equivalent to "no ammo" as it was in Doom. I have now fixed up the dehacked loader to change type 5 to the new value for "no ammo".

Old Post 09-08-01 08:56 #
Quasar

The Eternty Engine has more or less flawless DeHackEd support. There are no known issues with setting weapon ammo type to infinite in my engine, and in fact in beta 3 I fixed a long-standing bug that was in the original engine that could cause your shotgun's maxammo to decrease when you fired a weapon that was given infinite ammo that didn't normally have it (ie not the chainsaw or fist).

Old Post 09-26-01 19:29 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

Hey-hey, Gandalf!

Y'know for a brief time before becoming Dr. ST I was the Wraith-King.

Old Post 10-05-01 19:32 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

I've never had any problems with Dehacked functioning in Legacy either..

Old Post 10-07-01 17:44 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XDelusion

How do you change what weapon you want to edit in DeHackED anyhow? Mine is always set to fists. Then again I am NEW to this.

Old Post 10-11-01 05:30 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XDelusion

nevermind, got it, lucky for me I discovered the F1 key. :)

Old Post 10-11-01 05:32 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XDelusion

Hmm, just tried this: I put 5 as the value, using the latest DeHackED, and loaded it in DOOM Legacy, anyhow my ammo now comes up as 0, and I can not gain any ammo either. What's up with that!?!?!

Old Post 10-11-01 05:41 #
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

See, told ya it was buggy :p Nah, just set it to an insanely high value (between 10000 and 100000, and never above), and go nuts.

Old Post 10-15-01 03:08 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
XDelusion

I only get 200 some ammo, and that's all it does.

Old Post 10-23-01 02:55 #