Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Texture aligning question

Ok, this may be a "Welcome to 1995 question" but whatever:

I noticed that many good wads have really good texture aligning, that is, when you have a window, both, the upper and lower texture is aligned properly. I´m using Waded and it only has one X and one Y value for each texture (for each side). Now, are there editors that feature two Y values for both, the lower and the upper texture? Or is the trick to make the window (the mid space) a specific size, so that you can align both, the lower and the upper texture with a single Y value? Because I usally can align either the upper, or the lower texture properly when I´m designing windows and stuff.

btw, I don´t want "Use editor xy" replies. Just answer the question, thank you. :)

Unpeg the upper texture. Unpegging reverses the origin point of drawing. If you unpeg the upper, it's drawn from the top of the sector instead of the bottom of the ceiling... if you get what I mean. Just try it and you'll see.

Yeah, thank you. I can´t believe I´ve been designing levels for so long and not notice that. Now, this will increase the look of my Megawad. :)

And it will also delay it another 6 months, I guess. :(

Don't worry, it was QUITE THE WHILE I CAN TELL YOU before I actually realised about unpegging lower/upper textures, hence my preference these days for dark tech bases; I used to hide this with the METAL6/METAL7 textures for window top/bottoms (No really, check maps 2-4 of Murderous Intent; anything well-aligned was done later) so I got used to using them in every map, thus being quite restrictive in terms of theme. However, I kind of "grew" my style around my early mishaps, so maybe it's for good that I was such an idiot. I don't know, all I'm saying is, don't worry, it happens to us all.

Jayextee said:

Don't worry, it was QUITE THE WHILE I CAN TELL YOU before I actually realised about unpegging lower/upper textures

Yup, took me years to realise that's how it worked.