Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Importing flats

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

How do i import flats in a wad with wintex?

Old Post 09-19-01 05:06 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Select FLATS, then use the EDIT menu. The item you're looking for is LOAD ENTRY FROM FILE.

Old Post 09-19-01 19:55 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

I did, but I can't choose from it in wauthor after I imported the flat in

Old Post 09-20-01 03:24 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

That's because WadAuthor hasn't been updated to take advantage of all of the ports' ability to read flats from other WADs.

This is one of the few reasons I can think of to use DeePSea.

Old Post 09-20-01 07:28 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pming

Hiya.

WadAuthor can 'show' flats...but you have to actually replace the core IWAD ones. So, for example, if you have a new flat you want to use, you have to name it the same as one of the core IWAD ones (ex: In DOOM2 there is a flat called 'CEIL3_2'. If you have your own flat you want to use, you have to 'Load Entry from File' and name it 'CEIL3_2'. WinTex will give you a warning, telling you that that name is used in the main IWAD. You select OK, and bingo! The flat is now available in WA).
Note, however, that you can add custom textures/patches till you're green in the face; it's just the flats that you have to replace if you want to use custom flats.

Perhaps the new WA will allow full-blown 'asset adding' like DeepSea. :) Yum!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Old Post 09-20-01 11:32 #
pming is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

But how come in Hell revealed (HR.wad), it has imported custom flats which are without renaming the main flats from the iwad?

[edit]btw, forgot to tell ya guys, wad author and wintex are capable to read the custom flats from hell revealed, can someone really explain how it does?

Old Post 09-21-01 02:46 #
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Rename the F_START and F_END markers to FF_START and FF_END. Wadauthor will now show your new flats in the browser window.

Old Post 09-23-01 04:03 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Hiya Steve. Long time no see. [Probably having too much of a good time during the summer vacations :)]

Old Post 09-23-01 04:26 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

Thank you so much, guys.

Old Post 09-25-01 00:40 #