Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

one door, two switches, either opens it

simple enough but here's the issue. my doors are of the open-stay flavour and because of the non-linearity of the map one or two can be opened from either side. the aesthetic rules of my megawad mean doors all have to be switched... but if i have two switches pointing at the same door and one is used the other sits there idle and can still be activated (albeit to no effect). which wouldnt be a problem but a newcomer to the map might be confused because they found a switch that apparently does nothing. plus i'm a perfecitionist...

If you're using Boom, make the switches have a passthru flag, and have each of the two switches open the door in question as well as doing something to the other switch, i.e. raising a sector in front of it to show an "already switched" texture.

Or, couldn't you make them both use the same sidedef? That would work wouldn't it?

Linguica: yep, that should work... though some level editors automatically seperate duplicated lindedefs (e.g. DeePSea, though there's an option to turn it off) and/or get confused by them.

Infinite Ammunition: I believe it allows you activate two or more switches at exactly the same time.

cool, thanks. hadnt thought of passthru, havent tried it before! might be a goer. i was thinking about an instant raise sector with the switched tex on it 1 unit in front. the switches are in recesses in the wall so something like that might work a treat without having to worry about players and monsters getting in it's way