Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

Extracting stuff in Powerslave

Powerslave is a Duke3D engine game, but stuff the data is stored in a .dat file and not a .grp file. So how do I extract it ?

(should prolly be on a duke site but ended up here)

My WAD editor (XWE) can handle the data file well. Just rename it to .GRP, it's the same format as the Duke3D data files.

The file has several local palettes. To display the images correctly, locate the PALETTE.DAT entry, then go to Palette|Use Current. Then the images will display correctly. There's a lot of nice stuff in there.

Get XWE here: http://doomworld.com/xwe

Really, loser?

Heh, /me goes and gets XWE.

BTW: I got dibs on a Saturn powerslave TC!!!!! W00t.

Ahem. I should remain calm.

Mmmm, that's cool, It would be cool to see some powerslave stuff in doom, and it would be cool to extract, thanx for the tip, although I founmt XWE strange when I first used it, but i'll give it another try.

As for BBG being always wrong, to me, your name is a bit off putting, but that's just me, apart from that, I can't really judge, but just because he's wrong about somethings doesn't make him completely wrong, maybe he's just misunderstood :-D

Powerslave is a Duke3D engine game, but stuff the data is stored in a .dat file and not a .grp file. So how do I extract it ?

(should prolly be on a duke site but ended up here)

The DAT file with Powerslave is actually a GRP file with it's extension changed.

Mmmm, that's cool, It would be cool to see some powerslave stuff in doom, and it would be cool to extract, thanx for the tip, although I founmt XWE strange when I first used it, but i'll give it another try.

As for BBG being always wrong, to me, your name is a bit off putting, but that's just me, apart from that, I can't really judge, but just because he's wrong about somethings doesn't make him completely wrong, maybe he's just misunderstood :-D

When ZDOOM has Doomscript and the New Map Format, expect a Powerslave TC to come, and it will be created by me! The levels will be the ones from PSX Powerslave, and I'm gonna try to get Doomscript to make the 6 artifacts work like they do in the Normal Powerslave games (Saturn and PSX).

If someone could just tell me where to get Powerslave, I would be elated, have been looking for that game for years, and still can not find it. :/