Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > So, what can I do with Zdoom?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nancy_13
Warming Up

Okay, I love the sorce port Zdoom, it's really cool and it's editing resources are great. I would like to know all the tricks that I can get out of Zdoom, I've played Zan zan and that is just amaizing, but I'm sure they use a little more than Dehacked. That is GL though, so it's not important. I already know that you can make splashing water and stuff, but how would you make lava burn whikle your still on it (like hexen and heretic)? Is it possible to make cacos have blue blood and barons have green? I had a wad with advanced scripting for zdoom, and it had a fan that speeded up and stuff and glass and that, but I've lost the wad, anyone know the link? Can you make drips and dripping blood (for a sewer level or wet level, like strife and hexen)? That's about it for now, can anyone help?

Old Post 10-10-01 10:41 #
Nancy_13 is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

I would like to know all the tricks that I can get out of Zdoom
Slopes, deep water, "3D" bridges, "room-over-room", scripting, translucent glass, breaking glass, doors that slide or swing open horizontally (polyobjects), ladders that look like ladders, cameras (like Duke 3D), scrolling skies, force-fields and laser barriers, fountain and particle effects, sectors with different ceiling and floor lights (for more natural lighting effects), variable gravity, fog, ice, ice that melts, HUD messages, the ability to make enemies dormant until "awoken", and on and on ad infinitum

Is it possible to make cacos have blue blood and barons have green?
It may be possible by using a custom COLORMAP or PLAYPAL, but then it would change all relevant colors in the rest of the game too. Alternatively, you could insert custom graphics. These are not inherent features of ZDooM, however.

I had a wad with advanced scripting for zdoom, and it had a fan that speeded up and stuff and glass and that, but I've lost the wad, anyone know the link?
You need to be more specific. Paranoia.wad has "fans that speeded up" and glass, but then, so do many other ZDooM wads.

Can you make drips and dripping blood (for a sewer level or wet level, like strife and hexen)?
Yes.

Old Post 10-10-01 13:58 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

That was Tarins acs showoff wad.. you can get it at. www.paci-fist.net/doom

Old Post 10-10-01 16:07 #
kristus is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
X-DOOM

you can do anything you want with ZDoom.
And if you start making maps with it, wait for the 1.24 version who will have the really true 3D floor and maybe the DOOMSCRIPT !
ZDoom 1.23 Beta28A are the most stable version.

Old Post 10-10-01 16:57 #
X-DOOM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote