Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zeg-Vok

Is it possible? [bex / ammo question]

Alright, I have a little bex file that messes with weapon behavior and such, for my Shotgun, I have it acting like a high powered rifal (7 pistol shots at once), but I was wondering if there was a way to make it that every time you fired the weapon, it only took 1 bullet instead of 7?

This isn't possible with BEX at the moment, and probably never will be. You'll have to learn Edge DDF or wait for Zdoom 2.0.97, which has custom weapons support, to be released. Then again, a shotgun blast in vanilla Doom is actually 7 bullets, so if you don't mind the weapon firing in a spread and absolutely must use BEX, use the shotgun codepointer.

Xenophon said:

(...)if you don't mind the weapon firing in a spread and absolutely must use BEX, use the shotgun codepointer.

That would be the point, the riffle is supposed to place 7 rounds with perfect accuracy (and that happens when you use at least two codepointers in 0 delay). So he would mind spread.
Other than that, why the hell would he need a shotgun, that fires like a original shotgun, in his mod?

I was wondering, I can only seem to make my weapons shoot faster by decreasing frame time or skipping frames. How do you change what the weapon fires. eg.pistol shoots plasma instead of bullets? I can only make it use diffrent ammo (pistol shoot cells) but still shoots bullets.

It's a BEX function. For example:

[CODEPTR]
Frame 13 = FirePlasma
I can't vouch for the accuracy of the code pointer name, or the frame number I picked - if in doubt, consult the various docs around the net.