Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SirBardCat

ACS/Zdoom wiki

Let me get straight to the point; does the zdoom wiki contain all of the information i need to learn how to script really complicated shit like in RTC 3057? And if it is, could someone tell me where to look to find definitions and stuff? I know it's not something I would learn overnight, but I just want to make sure I'm not looking in a place void of the information I need. Breaking apart scripts and trying to figure out what means what is getting really tiring... It would be nice if someone would create a site with nothing but acs functions and variables and descriptions as to what they do. that would be nice. very nice, indeed. thanks in advance for anyone that responds.

If you´re using Doombuilder,
you may press ctrl+space in the script editor, to get a list of available ACS_functions!
The editor also will show you the possible arguments the script command you´ve chosen can take.
Use the Wiki search function to get more informations on the command if necessary.

That´s the way I do it!

wow. i never knew you could do that with doombuilder. shit, i'm sure this will come in quite handy. thanks. :)

When you used CTRL+SPACE to insert/complete a function name, you can put your cursor in it, something like this:

ACS_Exec|ute
Then press F1 and it will open the ZDoom Wiki with information about the function (in this case it would come up with the ACS_Execute page).

enjay, thanks so much for those links, and codeimp, thanks for coding such a kickass editor. I wish I had some screenshots of this map I'm working on that inspired me to learn acs, but it's too early. hope it won't dissapoint.

i've found everything you folks have told me INCREDIBLY helpful, so anymore useful information any of you guys come across, post the links here, it'd be much appreciated :-D
<3 <3 <3