Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

sloped lighting

i saw this in a wad recently for zdoom. it had sloped lighting. i dont understand how to do it for zdoom however. i looked on the zdoom.org tutorials and i cant seem to find it. anyone know how to do this?

it said they used black textures and sloped sectors to give the effect. So it would only work if the dark area is completely dark, and you wouldnt beable to have it in any area that you have to walk through.

the lighting effect is totally real time lighting. no fake textures or anything made this effect. this was real lighting in these screens.

what i mean by the sloped lighting is this:
a light on the ceiling, as it gets closer to the ground, the diameter is bigger. like in the original doom, if you make a square sector, you can make it a certain light amount. but with this, its like the sector is an expanded beam of light.

anyways, thanks all for your help! :)

This is, afaik, simply the creation of another sector to fake the expanding beam.
To illustrate: Square sector with light texture with n brightness. Another square sector with ceiling texture with less brightness. Transfer light to floor for added effect.