Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > How Do I make Out Door Areas?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
XDelusion

I just want to know how to go about making an outdoor area in DOOM. I have played a few MOD's and noticed how you can look around and instead of being totally covered in by walls, you are in an open field with a wide open sky...

...how do I perform this trick?

Thankx!

Old Post 10-23-01 17:19 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You mean just have a sky for a ceiling, or have a room where the floor ends at the skyline? If you want an outdoor area, just use the ceiling texture FSKY1 and it will leave the ceiling blank and draw the sky.

Old Post 10-23-01 17:44 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

<smartass>It's F_SKY1, not FSKY1</smartass>

Old Post 10-23-01 19:58 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
XDelusion

Yes, sorry, I ment I wanted to have the sky begin at the floor not the ceiling.

Old Post 10-23-01 21:28 #
XDelusion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

It's F_SKY1, not FSKY1
I thought F_SKY1 was the Heretic sky. They're different like that.

Anyways, what you'll do is make an "edge" around the room where you want the sky to touch the floor. Pretend it's going to be a low wall; you lay out the area the same way. So instead of the room ending at a solid wall, it'll end at another sector. Take that other sector (which would be behind where your wall would normally be) and set it's ceiling height equal to the floor height, and make the ceiling F_SKY1. No other textures needed.

I can post a demo WAD if you want.

Old Post 10-23-01 22:57 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
XDelusion

Ya I am trying to make sence of your words here, but whenever I put it to test, I get a screwed up map. :)

If you don't mind...

THankx again!

Old Post 10-24-01 00:19 #
XDelusion

Nevermind got it! :)

Old Post 10-24-01 00:50 #