Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

:) Glowing Wall Textures in Legacy

Ok is there a way to make wall textures with glowing lights or something? Sorry about all the questions, but I promise to make a tutorial as I learn, and post it for everyone else.

I don't know much about editing for Legacy, but you can make glowing textures using animated frames. This would work in vanilla DooM as well as ports. I don't know if there is a way to get a texture to glow without animating it (maybe something Legacy-specific?)

If you need to know how to create animated textures, ask.

YES, but u dont need legacy. I leaned this when i downloaded that Spcial Wad thing on the editing Tutorial section. I think u either put a dummy sector and then tag one of the walls which u want to glow into da dummy sector, or u give that wall to the dummy sector itself. Lets say this.

Sector 0 is the main sector. Sector 1 is da dummy. Select a wall frum 0 and set its Frist Linedef into dat on a scetor 1's.

tell me if this works...

Could you perhaps point me to an exmaple wad? I am not fully up to date on all the terminology enough to follow exactly what you are saying.

OO, my bad. Well go into the Editing Tutorials page and look for this wad. "Hykkelbjerg's Doom Editing Pages". Inside the Zip should be a serious of example wads, one of which contains the GLOWING walls... ^_^

Hmm, ok I downloaded the package you mentioned but did not see a thing that even faintly resembled what I am talking about, infact most of these WAD acted pretty fucked up inside of Legacy.

The effect I am going for exactly is to have wall textures with sections in them that are supposed to be lights, and these lights are supposed to have glowing lights as the candles and other DOOM decorations have. All GL like ya know!?!?