Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > What editors do colored lighting, floor on floor, etc.?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZZ_TOPPER_X
Old Post 11-03-01 07:29
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

AFAIK they all do. Really, even WadEd which doesn't seem to support anything at all.

As long as there is a way to use custom linedef linetypes, IE the numbers, you can do it.

Even better if you can set it in a .cfg file, like in WadAuthor or DeePSea

Old Post 11-03-01 14:22 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ZZ_TOPPER_X
Old Post 11-03-01 14:44
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

I don't exactly know how, I can only do this with WA at the moment (.wcf file, not .cfg - I merely mean a config file of sorts).

Ask around, somebody may have one, or Jack may be able to create one.

Just be polite when you ask ;)

Old Post 11-03-01 14:55 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ZZ_TOPPER_X
Old Post 11-03-01 15:07
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Yes. Like that :p

Old Post 11-03-01 15:11 #
deep
as in Deepsea

Like this: DROP DEM FILES OFF YO' A**, BEFORE I BLAST YOU, MUTHA ***K!
Yeess maasster.

"Floor on Floor" (you mean over right?) is just following the "rules" of the port. If you need to draw areas literally on top of each other, then turn of the optional merging (press F5 Options, etc) to keep the all those lines separated:) Suggest you turn the options back on when you get done with the section.

"Colored Lighting" - I haven't looked that close at legacy. What does it want?

If it's like ZDOOM or BOOM predefine any special texture names in "F5/Texture/Create ColorMap names". This lets you make up any name(s) you like.

It that's not it, please clarify what is required I can tell you exactly how to do it.

Old Post 11-03-01 17:49 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ZZ_TOPPER_X
Old Post 11-03-01 18:18
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Coloured Lighting in legacy can be done with Boom colormaps -- unlike Boom, legacy displays them even when you're not standing in that area. I meant to use that for a level, but never did.

I don't know if newer version have some other way, though. But the colormap way is easy enough.

Old Post 11-04-01 12:18 #