Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coold00d

Help with mapping!

hi, iam about to make my new wad, but i need
a map, and iam shite at mapping, i need a mapper for my project,
if any one would like to help i will reply what iam looking for

thank you

Any screenshot? At least a minor description of your mod?

Coold00d said:

iam shite at mapping

So was I when I first started out so thats no excuse, fire up doom builder and start learning.
There are enough tutorials out there to set things in motion, this is just sounding like your lazy and want someone else to make maps for you.

Well im lazy too if you do textures, sprites, sounds, new status bar, and all that I can fire slige up and make a MEGAWAD!!!

Tell me what you are looking for and I'll say if I can help... The last guy I was mapping for disapeared.

sorry for latnes of reply :P
but i need a level that you start in a cell [you need to find a secret switch to get out, you can choose where to put that] you go into a tunnel and go into underground sewers and stuff, i would love to have a map like that, if you could for me ?:)

Make one yourself it shouldn't take too long to make an map with an cell some tunnels and an sewer.

Nobody is going to help you so stop asking.

Coold00d, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Coold00d said:

sorry for latnes of reply :P
but i need a level that you start in a cell [you need to find a secret switch to get out, you can choose where to put that] you go into a tunnel and go into underground sewers and stuff, i would love to have a map like that, if you could for me ?:)

There are like 1000 WADs that start exactly that way and several more that have sewers in them. Search more idgames, and remember that "mapping on demand" is not particularly well received around here, except if you really have something big cooking.

If you want, you can search for a map by a regular member here that fits your description, and then ask him/her if you can use it as a base for your project. Just be prepared to share the credit.

My first map had a whole hallway as a door and a baron in a cage that wasn't solid. My first 'real' map was a hideously ugly city with no doors because i didnt know how to make them, but i improved from there, you just have to take things a step at a time

my first map was simply a big ass trench with a bunch of monsters that slowly became an arena and then abandoned. i never completed it. i probably never will.

Shadow Dweller said:

my first map was simply a big ass trench with a bunch of monsters that slowly became an arena and then abandoned. i never completed it. i probably never will.

My first maps were all horrible HOM-ridden abortions thanks to DEU unintuitive features, and me not reading the basics. I've gone a long way since then but yeah, everybody has to start somewhere...

I had this strange effect with WinDEU. Due to bad referencing or linedef flagging, the pedestals looked hollow, but otherwise okay (they shared the sector properties with the outside), furthermore, I was able to walk on the paperthin lower textures covering the pedestal sector, as if they were very thin sectors (which were not). Maybe I'm also wrong.