Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dark_Shadow4002

Reflections in GZdoom

ok i read the wiki a dozen or more times...tried to implement the damn reflections to my script and such but the damn thing is not becomming reflective in the damn game.

here is the script i added via DB's script editor...

script 4 OPEN

{

//Reflection shit
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(36, 100, 0);
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(37, 100, 0);
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(38, 100, 0);

}

is something missing? All the sectors are tagged according to the tag referance here IE sectors 36-38.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is Gzdoom-only special, if you're using zdoom then you will not see those reflections

@ alterworlder...the title of the thread states i am using GZdoom.
Hense the title "reflections in GZDOOM".

@joboro- To your comment i can only say i fail to see why you would post "use opengl mode" Of course that is an open GL option as well as dynamic lighting and probobly a host of other features for this port.

The problem is not with the "settings" because i played sapphire recently and the reflections work perfectly. So i am under the assumption it is something in the script.

yes i am dutch devil. My main concern is that maybe it is doombuilder. I went over how torm did the reflection code in sapphire and it seems to be exact (with the exception of the tags and location IE floor/ceiling).

So is the code i posted ALL i need in teh script to allow the tagged sectors to have the reflectivity....or is there more to it. Mind you the sectors are tagged accordingly (in the proper numerical tag identifiers).

here is the script in its entirety....(it is small since it is just the beginning.

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 OPEN
{
Thing_Activate (const: 1);
Delay(const:70);
restart;
}

script 2 OPEN
{
Thing_activate (const: 2);
Delay(const:90);
restart;
}

script 3 OPEN
{
Thing_activate (const: 3);
Delay(const:110);
restart;
}
script 4 OPEN
{

//Reflection shit
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(36, 100, 0);
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(37, 100, 0);
Sector_SetPlaneReflection(38, 100, 0);

}

Did you got any errors compiling it? I just made an demo myself to test it and I had to download ACC 1.45 to get it to work.Before that I was using ACC 1.37 and it wouldn't compile my script, maybe thats the case for you here.I don't know alot of scripting myself so I can't really say that there is something wrong with your script.

yep that was it. Thank you very much...i guess my lack of paying attention to updates bit me in the ass...I have been working with EDGE and Doomsday a lot so my last DL of anything "zdoom/Gzdoom" related was early to mid last year. Thanks again.