Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zonra

How do i edit monster?

Hi... im curently working om a mod and as a biginer i have a questtion...

How do you edit the monsters? I need do edit the images, sounds and the stats of the monsters but as a beginer i have no idea how i should do it... what program should i use and how should i use it...

o and the monster i wana edit is the pink deamon thingy whit doom2 as a base.... links to guides or instruktions will be mutch apriciated

ok... i already have Xwe... so how i use it to edit the monsters in the wad files?

Extract the sprites from it and use an graphics program like Photoshop.

Lets say you want all imp sprites click on the first sprite TROOA1, and scroll down and while holding shift click on the last sprite TROOU0.

Then click entry and select save as, I hope this will help you an bit.

I know how to extract the images... what i awnt to know i hor i edit the monsters... as in changing movmentspeed and image animation.. but i dont know how i can get to the scripcodes that make upp the monsters...

You could use DECORATE. Its a ZDoom special lump and is a bit hard to understand (I'm still learning) but once you get the hang of it, its quite limitless. Most of what you need to know for DECORATE is available on the zdoom.org/wiki]ZDoom wiki. There's also a good bunch of wads using DECORATE on the archive. I'm really a bit tired to retrieve the URL, but you can go look at Alando's guns(Alandoguns1.wad), The stranger by Wildweasel(ww-stranger.wad, ww-xm.wad) and I think Skulltag has a bunch of DECORATE things as well.

deathbringer said:

He said he wants it to be for Doom 2, so DECORATE is out the window

DEHACKED isn't. DECORATE isn't out the window either, it just wont work.