Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cybermaarten

3D mode starting point in Doom Builder?

I have a little annoyance with Doom Builder. When I switch to 3D mode, I always start at my level's starting point. This is annoying because I always have to travel all the way to the other side of the level, where I was editing.

When I opened another level in Doom Builder (one that came with the builder. I think it's FBase or something) and switched to 3D mode in there, I started at my last position in 3D mode, which is much more convenient.

I can't find a preference for this in Doom Builder, and can't search the forum because it can't use words smaller than 3 letters (3D...). Anyone have any idea?

the '3D mode start' should be the very first thing in the list on any DB config. it's the sole occupant of the 'editor things' category and has the thing number of 32000.

Ah, that's what that thing does. I suspected that you could another starting point for 3D mode, not that it remembers where you quited 3D mode. Thanks!

As Fisk suggested; CTRL+W is your friend :) It places or moves the 3D Start item where your mousecursor is pointing at.

Cybermaarten said:

not that it remembers where you quited 3D mode.

The thing DOES remember where you left off in 3D mode, the thing is moved to where you left off.

Also, you're dutch right? I suspect so because of your name Maarten ;)

CodeImp said:

The thing DOES remember where you left off in 3D mode, the thing is moved to where you left off.

Yes, that's what I noticed. I didn't expect it to work this way, that's what I meant.

CodeImp said:

Also, you're dutch right? I suspect so because of your name Maarten ;)

hell yeah! :)