Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > BIG PROBLEM WITH SKIN MAKING...NEED HELP NOW!!!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ezxariarch

OK, i made quite a few of skins for DooM Legacy and Zdoom before, non of which had any problems. But when i wanted to put sounds into them or my new skins, Zdoom and Legacy crash. I get this "Error, Lump Lenghth" Or some other thing for legacy. I'm having a lot of problems putting sounds into it. I've check the S_SKIN thing and EVERYTHING is correct, i did it the same way everyone else did. SO, wuts up with that? Is there like a format i have to change my *.WAV files into?

I appreciate some/a lot of help!!! ^_^

Old Post 12-08-01 01:29 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

the sound lmps must be 8 characters long.

here is a example s_skin of my own skin for legacy to give you what I am talking about.

================
name = Deathman
dsoof = dsdthoof
dsnoway = dsdthshi
dsplpain = dsdthouc
dspldeth = dsdthdth
dspdiehi = dsdthdie
dsjump = dsdthjmp
================

now, the names on the right side are the names of my custom sounds for my skin. All are 8 characters long.

and of course the names on the left are the names of the oringinal sound names.

Old Post 12-08-01 23:59 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ezxariarch

no, that still dosnt to anything. I keep getting this "Error W_LUMPLENGTH". I checked all the S_SKIN and stuff. All the sounds are 8 characters long, but it works on some skins with being that length so i dont think thats a problem. Other suggestions anyone? Is their a limit on the how long the sound files MUSt be, or its quality in KHZ and Bits?

Old Post 12-15-01 15:46 #
Ezxariarch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheHighestTree
Retard

hey! i MAY be able to help. Are any of them longer than ~6 seconds? keep them shorter than that. I saw that in the Unofficial Doom Specs.

Old Post 12-16-01 21:04 #
TheHighestTree is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

you most likely have s_skin in the wad twice. if you made the wad with wintex, delete the lower s_skin.

Old Post 12-18-01 11:43 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Try inserting the sounds with dmaud rather than Wintex or New Wads Tools. It always works for me. Other editors don't neccessarily convert sounds to the 8-bit mono 11025-khz format normal Doom uses. I think some source ports might allow higher quality format sound effects though.

Old Post 12-20-01 21:07 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

the ssg reload sounds are 22050khz.

Old Post 12-21-01 23:14 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ezxariarch

you most likely have s_skin in the wad twice. if you made the wad with wintex, delete the lower s_skin.

Naw, i had ONLY ONE S_Skin thing in it. But thank u all fer da help. I thinks its the quality of my sounds, i think i recorded them on the highest frequency my comp can offer. Oh, BTW, is there a another Midi to Mus converter? Cuz Mid2mus.exe wants to bug meeh by sayin "The maximum size cannot exceed 65000 bytes".

Old Post 12-22-01 20:16 #