Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Serious problem with Doom builder on VIsta

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Flambure

I downloaded Code Imp's Doom builder and when I try to open a wad it crashes and says there is a compatability issue... Anyone who is good with this stuff could they explain me a fix for this issue? Thanks so much

Old Post 07-17-08 15:20 #
Flambure is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lord_Z

Is that all the error says? If not, what exactly does it say? It should work as it works just fine for me.

Old Post 07-17-08 15:29 #
Lord_Z is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dreadopp

There might be a .dll file that you don't have. In case you have not got it yet, here's a link: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/d....shtml?msvbvm50

I remember having to get this .dll to get Doom Builder working on my Vista laptop.

Old Post 07-17-08 16:06 #
Dreadopp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Flambure

Thank you so much it now works :D

Old Post 07-17-08 16:38 #
Flambure is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CodeImp

It may look like it works, but you might encounter more problems. Doom Builder was not designed for Vista (because it didn't exist when DB was made), yet some people have found workarounds for the problems.

There is a Doom Builder forum and it has a stickied topic with the solutions people found to run DB on Vista. Read "Using Doom Builder 1.68 on Windows Vista" if you have any problems.

Old Post 07-17-08 17:35 #
CodeImp is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
expulse

I can't access that hyperlinked thread. Is there any reason for that?

The page I get:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thread: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-bu...-windows-vista/

I know this was posted a long time ago, but it should still be available for viewing, shouldn't it?

Old Post 10-01-12 10:10 #
expulse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

expulse said:
I can't access that hyperlinked thread. Is there any reason for that?

The forum was closed at CodeImp's request. As I recall the intent was for Doom Builder-related questions to be directed to the Development forums, though it would be nice if the old forum was reopened (and maybe made read only) for research purposes.

Old Post 10-01-12 11:37 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bloodshedder
Spellchecker

Okay, now you can at least view the thread linked to by CodeImp.

Old Post 10-01-12 18:33 #
Bloodshedder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
expulse

What I noticed as I went to Google this was that people were posting the link, but not summarizing the information. Something as simple as the key phrase "download MSVBVM50.DLL and place it in the DB Folder or in C:\Windows\System32".

So it's here now, to give better odds to the next person.

Old Post 10-02-12 09:23 #
expulse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote