Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Batch files

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Okay, I want to make a batchfile with options in it so it will load certain things...in other words, a numerical menu type thing. How do I go about that? Please e-mail me if you know at pilottobombadier@yahoo.com

NWC

Old Post 12-28-01 20:15 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Searcher

Are you sure you just don't want a front-end like King Elvis' or DCC. Look at those.

Old Post 12-29-01 05:11 #
Searcher is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

No, I don't because I need this batchfile for a Lock and Load release that I'm working on :P

Old Post 12-29-01 05:34 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Bah! That's easy. There's a few different ways to do it. You can use "choice" or you could do it the easy way. Just write a batch file that displays the options. Then write a separate batch file for each option.

For example.

PlayDoom.bat:

echo Welcome to the wonderful world of Doom!
echo What would you like to do?
echo 1: Play Doom?
echo 2: Play Doom2?
echo 3: Play the wonderful new megawad Alien Vendetta?
echo 4: quit
echo Type the number of the option of your choice, and press the enter key.

You would then write 4 separate batch files named 1 through 4.

1.bat:

cd\doom
doom

2.bat:

cd\doom2
doom2

3.bat:

cd\doom2
doom2 -file av.wad

4.bat:

echo Thank you, have a nice day :)

The advantage of this method is there is no limit to the number of options. It's also much easier to add or remove new options later.

Old Post 12-31-01 03:38 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Ah, I see. I was wondering what the echo function was for. Thank you my friend!

NWC

Old Post 12-31-01 04:11 #
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Oh one thing I forgot. Make sure you place the line:

@echo off

at the top of each batchfile. This will stop the lines from being displayed twice.

Old Post 12-31-01 04:40 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

Learn a programming language already and have it done from a convenient .exe file.

Old Post 12-31-01 14:01 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote