Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spaztacus

Projectile Activated lines

I'm working on an idea and I can't get it to work right. Using DoomBuilder(you rock CodeImp) and editing GZDoom. I have two colums with floor value raised, length 12, that I want to be able to shoot which runs a script that does a couple of things and then lowers the floor to the lowest floor. It works great, but then I can shoot the rest of the lines and have the script run again. I've tried using Thing_Projectile and have cacodeamon balls hit the lins in hopes of have them set off the rest of the lines so the player cannot do it, but it is not working. I'm basing this idea on the reactor in dec0n's ZDooM example Wad#1.

Any ideas? Willing to e-mail you the wad to look at. Just keep in mind I am working these ideas of in a test wad before adding them to a wad in progress.

If you want to clear line specials you better use ACS and setlinespecial instead of trying to trigger lines by force. As you noticed, it does not work. Any one-time trigger that cannot start its action does not get triggered at all.

I've thought about that, but if I already have the laines used to start the script, how do I assign a setline special as well? I'm sure there is a way, do you know it?

Unless you use DoomBuilder 2 and UDMF map format the only current way is to use Line_SetIdentification to give the lines an id and then use an OPEN script to set the line special. For reasons I don't understand the Hexen map format doesn't have an explicit field for the ID,

Thaks for the help. I sloved my problem. I need to stop thinking of this as regular Doom programming and remeber that using scripts opens up all kinds of options. I set each line as a script execute line and then in the script made a variable and put all of the actions to take place if the variable is less than 0. At the end of the actions, before the code goes back to the begging of the loop, i change the value of the variable to 1 so it will not use the script again. It was really simple once I looked at it from a programming angle.

Thanks again for the help. Doom Builder 2 huh....gotta check that out.