Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Smoother weapon sprite animations - Released!
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DaniJ

bgraybr said:

The shells and "corrected blood colors" aren't in this wad when I run it in Doomsday.

Presumably, due to their presence in the DECORATE version and not in the DED version.

Why are they even in this pack? It would make much more sense to omit them and put them in a separate mod - so that the pack is the same under all supported ports. Those additions seem rather out of place to me anyway.

Old Post 10-09-10 04:11 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sigvatr
Banned

Checking this out.

Old Post 10-09-10 04:21 #
Sigvatr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

You know, in the absence of Perkristian, maybe his original post can be updated with the link to the current version on his behalf?

Which is here:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/...k-weapports.zip

Old Post 10-09-10 09:15 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
perkristian

Vermil said:
You know, in the absence of Perkristian, maybe his original post can be updated with the link to the current version on his behalf?

Which is here:

This one works for all ports?

Old Post 10-09-10 12:15 #
perkristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

It works with Doomsday, ZDoom, Skulltag, and Eternity.

Old Post 10-09-10 12:30 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phi108

DaniJ said:

Presumably, due to their presence in the DECORATE version and not in the DED version.

Why are they even in this pack? It would make much more sense to omit them and put them in a separate mod - so that the pack is the same under all supported ports. Those additions seem rather out of place to me anyway.

They aren't in the zip I uploaded, it still has the code for the shells in the Eternity definition, but not the sprites. The DECORATE dioesn't have them.

EDIT: I guess the EDF should be edited to remove those references for consistency, I might be able to figure it out.

Old Post 10-09-10 17:16 #
phi108 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
perkristian

I'm not quite up to speed here, so who other than phi108 has contributed to this version of the mod?

Just want to make sure people are properly credited.

Old Post 10-11-10 12:05 #
perkristian is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

If I'm not mistaken: Doomsday DDF tweaked by Vermil, Eternity EDF created by Esselfortium, and ZDoom DECORATE created by Phi108.

Old Post 10-11-10 12:37 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
perkristian

Thanks Gez, the first post is now updated.

Old Post 10-11-10 15:00 #
diosoth
Mini-Member

Just so people know, if you're trying to use this mod with Doom Enhanced in ZDoom, there may be conflicts. Weapons can not be cycled through if you're using doomenh-items.wad. Just exclude that file and run with doomenh.wad only along with this weapons mod and it should run fine.

Old Post 10-30-10 12:18 #
diosoth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoomF4nG4mer
Mini-Member

Very nice and good Sprites its magnificent and Smooth.

Old Post 11-07-10 07:34 #
DoomF4nG4mer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vaporizer
Forum Regular

Wow! Really smooth and awesome looking!

Old Post 11-07-10 08:11 #
Vaporizer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

Downloaded a minute ago. Looks awesome!

Old Post 11-14-10 21:47 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bishop

Cool stuff dood. Added sprites to my own personal enchancements pk3 for great justice ;)

Old Post 11-17-10 21:18 #
Bishop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sp00kyFox

Vermil said:
Which is here:

could anyone reupload the zip-file? the upload service of drdteam seems to be down.

Old Post 03-16-11 23:54 #
Sp00kyFox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phi108

oops, I hope Drdteam files are up again sometime. Here is a sendspace link, I think it's the right file:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/akfwx0

Old Post 03-18-11 14:30 #
phi108 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sp00kyFox

yup, this seems to be the file. thx ;)

Old Post 03-18-11 20:26 #
Sp00kyFox is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Super bump

just posting to say that I converted this to .BEX format so it can run in limit removing ports!

http://jbserver.com/forums/attachments/8342_pk_anim.zip

But there's a catch.

1. SS Nazi's have been replaced with ammoclip-dropping imps (can potentially break compatibility with wads that change ss nazis into new monsters, such as Scythe 2 or UAC Ultra)

2. Item respawn fog has been replaced with plasma bolt shrapnel (it looks pretty much the same)

3. It's not an exact translation. The animations are still a little jerky for some weapons, I trimmed a few frames and/or some frames don't appear in the correct order, the chaingun is fucked up, and I'm not sure if the weapons fire at the same speed as the originals, so it still needs touching up. Also the super shotgun causes prboom-plus to crash for some reason.

If anyone would like to help work on this, please let me know. I'm very interested in getting this thing complete and looking as smooth as possible, while retaining the same behavior as the original weapons. I'm still relatively new to this dehacked stuff.

Old Post 11-11-11 18:32 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
entryway
Forum Staple

40oz said:
Also the super shotgun causes prboom-plus to crash for some reason.

Because there is no LoadShotgun codepointer in Doom and original A_Chase codepointer is trying to be applied for ssg animation. Replace it with LoadShotgun2 (and in whacked's configs too)

Last edited by entryway on 11-11-11 at 22:26

Old Post 11-11-11 22:02 #
entryway is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

bumping this thread (once again) to say that I've got all the weapons including the super shotgun and chaingun functioning and smooth as ever in .bex format!

Updated same link as above:

Old Post 12-12-11 08:08 #
40oz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Average

Too cool! Thanks. :)

And why isn't this stickied!?

Old Post 12-13-11 01:06 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hawkwind
Forum Regular

Nice. Just wondering why the bex file wasn't imbedded into the wad ?

Old Post 12-14-11 05:01 #
hawkwind is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
phi108

Nice job! I'd guess it's not in the same wad because Zdoom, Eternity, or Doomsday might have conflicts/bugs when the BEX loads with their specific definitions. A bex-only file doesn't conflict.
Edit: Oh, embedded in that specific zip, well ignore my explanation.

Old Post 12-14-11 06:28 #
40oz
Forum Spammer

I left it that way in case anyone wanted to look at it. Anywho, I updated the link with the .bex file embedded in the wad. Also I edited the super shotgun, its hard to tell with how many frames it has but it's reload sequence was a little longer than the original. Should be on point now.

Old Post 12-14-11 15:43 #
Phml
Forum Staple

Tried it and the weapons work fine, however there's some small issue with hellknights and barons, their hands show as a greyish red rather than the usual green when they throw a projectile.

Old Post 12-14-11 22:06 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Oops. I was just messing around there I thought I changed that back :/

Old Post 12-16-11 07:46 #
Brewtal_Legend

New link seems to be broken. :(

Old Post 12-18-11 07:12 #
Brewtal_Legend is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
40oz
Forum Spammer

Hmmm. try it now.

Old Post 12-19-11 05:06 #
Brewtal_Legend

Thanks. Works now.

Old Post 12-19-11 05:59 #
Brewtal_Legend is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
foul_owl
Warming Up

This is great!! Nice work! Now would it be possible to show more of the arms and the weapon?

Old Post 12-19-11 05:59 #
foul_owl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote